How can I help you? Car issues anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by italian stallion, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Your low coolant light does not lie. You porlly have coolant leaking from your intake manifold. Would be redish fluid under the intake pleniem.

No heat cuz you don't have enough coolant in the engine to reach the heater core in the dash board.

Turn the key on and pump the gas pedal three times.

2. If it shakes at all speeds you have a tire issue.

If it shakes at higher speeds you have a suspension issue. May be a safety issue too. Get it checked out and be safe.

3. Check your local parts store they can order a repair manual for you. Or the dealer can order you the real owners manual.

4. Only place to get an owners manual is the dealership.

5. err i meant charcoal canister. lol

i was also thinking about a charcoal filter for my growbox when i was posting. hahahah

yes there is a hissing.

6. When I turn the steering wheel I can hear a squeak coming from the engine bay.. sounds like something needs WD-40 ..can I fix this?

Some times my car will not start it just keeps turning over and my car is fairly new.. what would cause this?

I want to have a dealership grind my rotors down to get rid of a warp, my front one squeaks some times. Would grinding it repair the rotor?

7. Its called an Evap canister and it won't cause you drivability issues.

You prolly have a broken vacumm hose. Find it and fix it. Good luck they are hard to locate somtimes.

8. Sounds like a belt noise. If your vehicle is newer then you have a sepintine belt and do not want to put any wd40 on it. If the noise is more like a chirping noise then tou may have a bad tensioner or pulley.

It may be better to replace the rotors rather then resurface them. If they are pulsating already, when you cut them down they will be thinner and more prone to warpping again sooner.
    As far as the starting issue I need more info.
    What year make and model are we talking about?
    Any check engine lights on? And any other info on how in car runs in general.

9. not really an issue but i have been thinking about gettin a vdub 2001 jetta 1.8t. Ive read alot about them and heard there is alot of reliabilty issues with the 99-04 models sense they started producing in mexico. so basicly my question is should i buy a dub or not.

10. hey sergio, ive got an extensively modified honda, and recently ive been having fuel issues. at first, i thought a cylinder wasnt firing because every so often the car would run super rich, and sound as if it wasnt firing correctly. i was going to change the distributor afterchanging plugs and wires, but i was suggested that it may be an injector locking up. the car will idle fine, but as soon as i pop in the clutch, it breaks up and starts blowing thick white smoke. th smoke is obviously unburned gas, it stinks like fuel, plus the wideband reads rich. do you agree that its an injector locking up?

11. Thanks for the help in advance man, great thread.

I have a 2000 Toyota Camry. When I start the car there is this screeching noise(I think its a belt of some sort) and it happens frequently while making turns and also when backing out of spaces where the wheel is turned far to one side.

Im pretty sure its a belt of some sort, and if so how would I fix this and how much would it be?

12. I've got the same exact problem. The belt is glossed over from wear and tear, and sliding against one of the pulley things it is going around. Depending on the belt it should range from $75-$200 (including laybor, I think) depending on the quality of the job and other stuff. What you can do right now is go out and get a can of belt spray to temporarily help you with this problem.

13. Thanks for the help suburbantoker, +rep.

Any idea which belt this is and what exactly the spray is. Do I spray it with the belt running
    ?

Im a total moron when it comes to cars haha:eek:

14. NO!!! Unless you have alot of cash for repairs.

15. Well on my car (way older and different company making it), when I open the hood the belt is just smack there right in front of me. Not sure on your car though. Pop the hood and listen for the squeal. The can says to turn the car off before spraying but I don't think it should matter.

16. An injector can cause those issues. But when you say modified? How is the ECU tuned?
    And any starting issues? That could be a leaky injector. Also finding out what your fuel psi when the issue is happening would be helpful.

Also check ignition wires on a honda. Believe it or not the Valve cover gaskets leak oil into the spark plug tubes and cause havoc on the wires. If your distributor was bad the car wouldn't start.

17. That serpintine belt has an automatic tensioner. If your getting belt noise either the belt is coming apart or your tensior is bad. Get that checked out asap.

18. The old belt dressing does not work on serpintine belts. The old V belt it was ok but the new ones ride backward on the pulley. The dressing would make it worse.

Those cars have tensioner issues. Alot. Have your vehicle checked out.

Serpintine belts run everything on your engine.( alternator,power steering pump,a/c compressor,some times yoour waterpump). It's really not good when one breaks. Your stuck!!!

19. Hey man don't spray anything on it. You have two belts on that car serpintine belt and a/c belt. Serp belt $36 and the a/c $17 get them both changed.

20. Sorry my information was wrong. This guy knows what he was talking about... I guess your car is just newer and different.