how can i hang my ballast lol

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by straightrippin, Feb 26, 2012.

1. its 400 hps i was thinking like old cords that i dont use nemore but not sure if thats safe. :confused:

2. zip ties. Can never go wrong. will work perfect.

3. Why do you have to hang it? Mine's just sitting on a shelf next my tent.

4. i mean the actuall ligght, yea my ballast is guna hang on a shelf

5. oh, you mean your light hood. Whats the ceiling of your grow area? Pretty much completely depends on that...

But you want to be able to adjust the height of the light. They make yo-yos for just that, though some suck. Chain is another option and you can adjust what link you hang it from.

Show/tell us what your working with, what light/style of reflector so we can get an idea of weight, and what you are trying to mount to.

6. rope ratchets
    [​IMG]

7. what About a bunge cord?

8. lol sure if you like jury riged grow looks :)

9. ohhh just googled lol.
    well i decided im going to grow in my closet have intake at the bottom right and carbon filter going to the top of my closet blowing back into my room. 1 400w hps guna use 3gallon pots guna fit as many as i can.

does that sound right? & oh ya, guna have my clothes on the left lol closet is about 4 feet and im guna use like feet for my grow

10. my light is like a ballast that connects to something else and then connects to the light with a hood that is just a little longer than the light and surrounds it so its all beaming down. then theres just 2 holes in the hood thats supposed to be for hanging

11. from personal experience, just get some light movers or rope ratchets like fluffy said.
    When I first started I just kinda ghetto rigged my light hood. used ropes. but it was always a hassle to move it around as my babies grew.

12. yea i know, i plan to fix it at its highest spot and use a table with a shoe box on it till they grow about 5" then take the shoebox off then when its about 15-20" im guna put it on the ground in 3 gallon pot. can 3 gallon get u 1.5 oz? seeds from attitude but by green house seed co

13. Those rope ratchets are awesome.

I got them for free with my cool tubes, and I'll have to say that they're much better than the yo-yo wire things I got from HTG. Since you're using 3 gallon pots (which is what I'm using also) you probably won't be able to just pick the pot up, check out your plant, and put it back very easily. The rope ratchets allow you to pull the light up and out of your way while you're looking at your plants, and then just as easily back down when you're done. Another thing - if you're experiencing high temps, you can just raise your light up a click or two, check the temp, repeat if necessary. I used ropes at first, and they're a bitch to readjust.

14. Plus, it seems you can pick up rope ratchets at Home Depot. Dang, wish I had seen this when I was rigging up my veg box.

15. guna try some setups out today. im a carbon filter, soil and growing bags away.
    do u think i could grow 7 at once for my first grow all in 3 gallons. my closet is 4' long x 2' ish deep with just a little over 5' . its taller than 5' but theres a white rack. 7 gals with standard soil and watering under the 400 hps 12/12 from seed

16. would my carbon filter filter all the smell of that out? im guna turn the carbon filter fan on when i start to smell something. but untill them im guna have my clothes in a suitcase till i finish. i have 9 seeds but wont b able to grow in june-july cuz of a wedding

17. You could easily grow 7 plants in that space with that setup. A carbon filter should eliminate all smell unless you have a strain thats SUPER stinky...

Why do you wanna do 12/12 from seed though? You'll get much better results if you let them veg for a little while first.

18. because im skeptic on the fact for keeping my hps light on for that long

19. im guna grow all 7 kings kush by ghsc