How can I grow in an apartment in a legal state? Please help.

Discussion in 'Security' started by KzooLou, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Michigan legalized growing up to 12 plants a year ago. Anyone can do it, however I live in an apartment, and they have stated they do not want weed here. I am eager to begin. I thought a good enough carbon filter would eliminate the smell. The best room I have to grow contains my water heater. Anytime maintenance has come in they always make a beeline straight for that room. Unfortunately, maintenance often enters my apartment without warning while I'm gone (and once while I was there). Any suggestions? Do I have any rights here? I assume they get to decide whether weed is allowed on the premises, but can I at least stop the maintenance staff from going in and out of my apartment whenever they feel like.

2. I thought in Michigan they have to give a 24 hour notice, unless its a emergency. But landlords are notorious for walking over renters rights.

But anyways sounds you want to grow stealth. What about buying a tall dresser that has a closet in it?
    dresser-mid-century-modern-premier-tall-closet.jpg
    BL

3. I'm not sure. I'd like to figure out what my rights are there because they've entered my apartment at least 5-6 times without my permission since I've moved in (one time they woke me up when they just walked in). It could be more because they don't always notify me they've been in there.

Something like an armoire could work if I could find one for cheap. I have a couple closets that would probably work for 2 plants. I might go that route unless you think a dresser like that would be better for the smell. I wanted to use my storage room because I could easily fit 6+ plants in there, but it contains my water heater, so that's a no-go. I don't need a lot. I'd be happy with 1-2 plants.

4. If you use a closet, make sure its one you landlord wouldnt access. Better yet buy a tent to put in the closet with a carbon filter.

BL

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. man I'd be so mad about that...thats crazy

6. I live in gobles you need to read your lease and see if they are allowed to do that if not take the proper methods to stop it and yes a cabinet would be perfect for up to 4 plants

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Yea in my lease they have to give 24HR notice, unless it is an emergency, then they can always come in without notice, but will still try to reach me before. Its legal here to grow anyways and lease does not say growing is forbidden. I still try to keep it secret as much as possible though

8. I feel that

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app