how can i get the most from autoflowers?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by benchbong, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Due to time constrants I will be growing autoflowering plants. And I've read that topping and training can stress them to much and drastically reduce yeilds. So what other things can I do to increase yeild and possibly potentcy?

2. Nothing with autos. It's a roll of the dice with genetics.

3. Now I really regret getting one of the cheapest strains.

4. I grew a five pack of an auto lemon haze strain. The smoke was great, but the yield was on the low end. All the plants were a little under two feet and that's outside in a raised garden bed. I read a few other people's grow journals and 16" appears to be the average.

They're very easy to grow, light feeders, and you can space them real close together. Your right about not topping them. I don't know if it causes stress or if they just can't grow fast enough to recover before flowering, but either way you don't need to do that. Just water, lightly feed, and give them plenty of sunshine.

5. I heard the smoke from pure runderails is poor. But why can't runderails be selectively bred like sativa indica?

6. [quote name='"benchbong"']I heard the smoke from pure runderails is poor. But why can't runderails be selectively bred like sativa indica?[/quote]

It's already done , I don't think anyone sells pure ruderAlis seeds

7. The green omatic genetics are listed as just rundralis

8. Pretty much just give them lots of light and get good genetics is all you can do. Just because the seeds are cheap doesn't necessarily mean they will be crap though.

9. If you're going to do an outdoor grow, there's really not much you need to do. Plant as many as you can, and don't stress them. They don't need a whole lot of nutrients.
    You can do some LST With autoflowers, but that's mainly to maximize light coverage in indoor grows. The sun is so strong that I don't think this matters that much.

With the fast growth cycle of the autoflowers, you shouldn't be expecting too much yield. About an oz per plant if you treat them right.

Also, what strain did you end up getting? Low cost doesn't always mean low quality I've come to find.