How can i get rid of acne scars?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Purp Skurp, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Yeah I don't really get sits anymore it's just that I have scars cause when I first got some zits I would pop them constantly. I use this face wash that seems to be working pretty good, morning and night, then during the day I use this lotion for my face. The scars have gone down some but they aren't going away fast enough.

I heard you can mix honey and milk and put that for 15 mins or just put lemon juice for 15 mins. Anybody know if those work?

2. #2 littlemisspuffit, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    I was raised in a house where cocoa butter solved every skin problem ever:rolleyes: but I think it really is good for scars.

3. Haha I came in here to say cocoa butter as well :metal:

4. Neutrogena 2% salicylic acid Oil-eliminating Astringent after a good washing. Then a dab of emu oil pure not greasy but just to moisten the skin, before bed.
    If you want the scares faded you have to encourage new skin growth.
    In the winter when you are not in the sun much you can use Neutrogena A Retinol facial treatment. This is a peeling agent that you use just a tiny bit to the scar. Do not use if you will be much in the sun. Do not use a lot it will burn your skin. It makes the skin flake but by spring the scar should be looking normal though if you have deep gouges they will never go completely away. Use a light coat of Emu oil for moisturizing, hyaluronic acid is a component in Emu oil that is healing.
    The women who use grease on their faces to stay young don't. Those who peel the layers of skin to produce more layers are the ones who have the flawless skin. If you want to remove scars you have to renew the skin.
    I recommend these product because they are good inexpensive and what I use. I get a lot of bug bites and sticker bush attacks and am often treating scars in my line of work.

5. What's cocoa butter?

@fayn, should I just stop using the face wash I have now? It's called Murad anti aging acne wash. I use it in the morning and before I go to bed. I'm pretty sure I've used the neutrogena before and it didn't really do anything.

6. being a lady.. i would tell you that the first important step is washing your face 2x or 3x a day.

then you need to figure out your skin type. are you oily? dry skin? combination? once you figure that out, which isn't hard, you need to get a cleanser that would work for you. i know this sounds dorky and it's probably not something you'd want to do, but head to your nearest macy's. they have a clinique counter. the ladies will figure out the best combination for skincare for you. it's pricey but worth it. i've used it for five years and my face couldn't look any better. they'll give you a moisturizer and cleanser met specifically for your skin type. this will help open your pores and keep bacteria out of them. that's the main key. opening and cleansing pores before bacteria can mutate and infect. that's what causes breakouts.

clinique skincare line, so good. pricey but it is atleast a 3 month supply. if they offer the bigger bottle, get it. it works.

now, you being a gentleman, i'm not sure if you will want to go to the clinique counter in the mall. but it's worth it i wouldn't give you the advice if it wasn't :)

7. oh i misread.. acne scars.. you need dark spot corrector! again, you can get this from clinique but neutrogena has a good one as well. clinical dark spot corrector. this is what lightens up acne scars and helps repair the skin!! trust me on this!!

8. clinique does have a men's line but you don't need to spend that kind of money for the results you want.

9. I actually am pretty old and grow guerrilla so I have lots of problems with scaring from bug bites and infected thorn allergies and such usually on my arms and legs. He said he want his scars gone. I told him what I do that works. I usually give it up during the summer because it is constant and work on it during the winter when I am not getting more.
    I am not going for the product but the ingredients at the percentage I want' Salicylic Acid 2%, if you can get it 3%. The key is to peal the skin and lighten the new skin growth. Skin bleach is a good idea too but I use Peroxide for that on a cotton swab dab dab dab. provides oxygen too.
    You kids think a name brand is what's doing it? Wrong it is the ingredients they use and the amount.
    I also am into herbal remedies and natural healing agents and all the silicone and grease in these products and the high cost for a scientific name that is simply asprin? Commercial hype doesn't mean it works.