how can i get rid of a sorethroat

Discussion in 'General' started by saltatious, Jul 5, 2010.

1. last night i came home and i had a bit of a sore throat, but just ignored it, this morning it is pretty bad... how can i releave myself of this pain?

2. well downing a spoonful of honey and then drinking some warm, not hot, tea always helps me..hope it helps man, im currently fighting a mean ass cold

3. i'll try that... i can only say i hope its not strep, and good luck with ur cold

4. Try honey and lemon. I microwave it for about 5 seconds so it gets warm, and then sip it.

5. Make sure it's not strept throat!
    But you can drink tea with honey, gargle with warm salt water, or you can go to the store and get sore throat spray (it numbs your throat) its good.

Goodluck

6. Do this except what is bolded. Gargling warm water with salt aggravates your throat infection even more. If it continues after a few days then go to a doctor just to be safe.

Here is a remedy tea:

Lemon, Apple Cider Vinegar, Cayenne, and Honey Tea

An old home remedy for sore throats is a tea made with lemon, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, and honey.
    It is made by adding one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper, the juice of 1/4 lemon, and one teaspoon of honey to a cup of hot water. Stir.
    Typically, up to four cups a day is suggested.

7. put the dick down.

8. i just heard that we humans have these new weird things called "antibodies" and an "immune system".

you'll get better in like 2-3 days.

9. Time and a good nights rest.

10. #11 SirenWasHere, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
    Some nice lemon tea and some cherry throat logenzes.

To add to that, I have sucked on lemons and the juice helped a great deal. It's just really sour, so you'd have to be able to stand that for a little bit.

11. drink a ton of water. a ton!! it makes the pain way less grating

12. But at the same time, you have to be careful with water intake. Water Intoxication is real and it can kill you.

Be careful out there.

13. i drink 1-2 gallons a day, i should be good!

14. Most of the options have been listed already, but I'm a fan of warm tea and honey. Our pediatrician highly recommends using a teaspoon of honey. It's been shown to work just as well as most otc medicines for coughs and sore throats.

I especially like marshmallow root tea when I have a sore throat. It helps coat your throat to reduce the pain. Tylenol will also help.

15. im in the same boat as you man. woke up today with an irritated, scratchy throat. been coughin up flem all day. the trick is, just start taking medicine asap so it prevents it from turing into a cold. i even passed up buying some bud and smokin tonight so i can let it heal.

16. Just a heads up - if you're hacking up phlegm with a fever that's going up above 102, get in to the doctor asap. Bacterial pneumonia is going around. My husband and I were really close to being hospitalized, and we never get sick like that.

17. phlegm? is that how you spell flem? but damn thanks for the info thank god i dont have a fever

18. Perez Hilton just twittered that gargling strange men's cum works wonders for him.

19. I always gargled with warm salt water, always helped me. Or the most obvious solution...a nice fat vape hit.