How can I get my mom to let me smoke?

Discussion in 'General' started by mastercheefa, Mar 7, 2009.

1. She kind of caught me a while back and she knows I smoke. I am trying to make her understand that it isn't bad and that nobody has ever died form smoking weed but she is just too stubborn. She claims that it kills brain cells and all that other nonsense. I tried to show her facts on the internet about it but she still doesnt care. She also thinks it will lead me to other drugs but it wont. I have been smoking almost every day for almost a year now and I just love the herb and I never want to do any harmful drugs. How can I convince her that its ok for me to smoke? thanks

2. Get her to watch 'The Union'.

3. Show her that it isn't affecting you badly. and I mean, you can only do that over time. but once she sees you're not for example hardout addicted to it and it has no negative consequences on you, then she'll start to come round. which isn't to say that it doesn't have any effect on you

4. also I forgot to mention that I have a 3.8 accumulated gpa for highschool and Im a senior. i started smoking beginning of sophomore year

5. Get a job if you don't already have one and move out.

6. there are no tests that have proved marijuana kills brain cells.

holding your breath kills brain cells, if she wants to make that argument she's gonna have to have a list of everything that kills brain cells.

7. Honestly, it's her house so you gotta respect her rules or save up and move out. Some people (my parents included) just have been fed the media crap for too long and it's hard for them to change their minds. Hopefully as legalization is getting closer people will have a better view of marijuana.

Just respect her since you're under her roof

8. what Blutteufel and illk37 said, for real man.

What do you mean by let you smoke?
    Cause if you smoke in purely your own time, and you're using your own money, and never bringing any weed or anything illegal into her house, then that's all good, she can't really make you stop smoking. but otherwise..

9. she says if i dont quit she is gonna take away my car. She is drug testing me

10. car > weed.

11. If you've already tried to convince her to change her mind after providing evidence proving that the shit she's been deluded into believing over the years is true, and she's still too goddamn ignorant to accept the truth, then she's not worth the time and you really should move out.

12. introduce her to me. i'll set her straight.. who's yo daddy..

13. Its true the govt has made mostly everyone have a bad view on marijuana cuz of the "war on drugs"

keep tokin one day we will live in a truly free and just america

14. Don't lie to her about it. if she takes away your car... well, if it's your car she can't, right? you have the keys..but if she tries to pull that shit, get a job and move out.