How can I get my grandma to shut the fuck up

Discussion in 'General' started by Pink Floyd, May 15, 2010.

1. i was raised by just my mom and my granmda

my mom worked alot of hours so i was with her more then my mom

man shes getting old and her memory is getting worse, and shes getting dumber... and im just here watching her and time pass too quickly

i would never stop crying if she passed away.

what a horrible depressing life we live. time sucks ass

2. It's sad. I get more and more depressed every time I see my grandma.

3. amen.

4. make some white russians

5. Allowing yourself to be annoyed isn't "respectful", it's just annoying. Unless you're a total pushover, you wouldn't let a stranger ramble at you for half an hour, I mean, unless you honestly enjoy what they're saying, which the OP doesn't. Family members and old people don't inhabit some special moral category where they're allowed to annoy the shit out of you without the same consequences that would apply to any other people.

That being said, this could be an opportunity to perfect your Russian, which could in turn make the conversations genuinely enjoyable. And in this economy you need all the skills you can get; being fluent in a second language can easily land you a $15+ per hour job. You should definitely give this a shot, but if it doesn't work out, there's no shame in not enjoying the presence of a family member. Relationships are voluntary.

6. shut the fuck up grandma leanin on my dick
    fucking shit up yo you mothafuckin prick
    gin and oj make the girls go wild
    drunk up in this shit like muthafuckin oscar wilde
    ha ha ha ha ha thread suck my balls
    l m n o p q r not all the vowels

sorry bout that folks. i might be shitfaced or not

my friend just asked if it was melk or milk hahaha

damn im ruining your thread
    my bad im dead
    bury me alive with this failur of a thread
    just kiddin my friend
    i aint read shit
    i have no clue of this threat and its content

7. #27 NORRIN RADD, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. dude that girl is funny

9. dude thats a weird gif you added

10. Couldn't have said it better myself. /thread

11. Best. Post. Ever. :p

12. double leg takedown and then triangle choke

see what she has to say after that

13. I agree.

You could probably learn a lot from listening to your grandmother, including better russian and how to have patience with people.

14. #34 morrowb, May 15, 2010
    Take that time and listen for 30 minutes or an hour. After awhile if she doesnt say "oh im making you bored" or something along those lines, you can probably get out of the conversation without her saying anything.

My grandmothers house was about 5 minutes from my high school, and id eat lunch there everyday. For an hour she would feed me and basically talk about the same things (the conversations moved in circles). Just put up with it for a bit, make your grandmother feel wanted.

Put yourself in her shoes.

EDIT: and I have learned little facts about my family and other interesting things. Although most of the conversations were purely for her sake, and I couldnt have cared less about the substance, you can always learn something, and the odd occasion I did.

15. Consider yourself lucky bro. I live with my grandfather and he has alzhiemers and dementia and he was a fuckin nuclear warhead everyday. Your bitchin about her just rambling, imagine if she screamed at you in a rage for hours at a time over delusions, shit you didn't even do.

Luckily he's on mood stabilizers now, and all I gotta deal with is pissed/shitted pants

16. hahah this thread title is hilarious

17. This.

18. #38 redchrons, May 15, 2010
    I am in the same situation as OP, except I speak fluent Russian. My grandmother goes on long ass tangents too, you gotta let her know. I always make sure to ask how her tangent has anything to do with what I said and she usually just stops. They have a lot of stories and they like sharing every little bit of everything they know about friends/relatives.

19. /thread

20. gag her with yo cawk