How can i get bigger yield.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NoBody99X, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Those are 9ltr air-pots - I start in 1ltr and transplant to the 9's at two weeks old.
    Yes those are my plants. I top once at the 4th node and again when the two new grow tips have 2 nodes.
    I never heard of that study - I guess it depends on how you grow - topping is recommended when doing a scrog - that plant yielded over 8oz. with only a 5 week veg. I'll take that everytime.

2. the study didn't distinguish between quality bud and total bud.
    That's a cool looking plant. So it looks like you also allow the third node to grow so a starting with 2 from the third and 2 from the 4th?

3. I follow LBH's Scrog Tutorial to the letter. I allow any node that grows fast and will make it to the top of the plant to remain - if it's slow and stunted I remove it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. at anyrate, almost all improvements to yield not talking quality are now achieved with tight co2 and humidity temp control. I've been growing the same strain under identical conditions and only making minor topping or popping or pruning changes on each plant. And for starters I watched them un touched. Many changes I thought I was making I now see the plant will make on it's own. My knowledge is worthless however because I am bitching today because I have to jar up more weed. Too many jars. How do I make my plants yield less?

5. How many plants? How much light? Yield per plant?

6. More like how many tops. 50w/sq ft. So how many oz per top? I use to under cfl figure 1/4 oz per top. Under this high powered led I have now I can't even cram one top in a quart jar. Too few tops they get too long. Once I just topped above the third node and never touched it again and it grew two identical side by side christmas trees. 18 tops is probably about right for 2x2. I'm going down to 8 total maybe 10 max.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #27 MickFoster, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    I'll ask again. What is your yield? How many plants? What light? I'm just curious because you made a statement in one of your earlier posts indicating that your plants are yielding too much and causing a lot of work for you.

8. To be specific - this statement.

9. probably 6 oz one plant one light with out even trying. that's an auto. I like to grow one plant in a big airpot under a 200w light. That is not a good way to maximize yield. So for me it just comes down to more smaller tops or fewer larger tops. It's all about the same yield wise I suppose. I don't know, I am an anti yielder. I have more than enough light on a bigger than needed container growing more pot than I really want to harvest.

• Like Like x 2
  10. You just need someone to talk to..... my rule of thumb is, the bigger the branch , the bigger the bud....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ooh I know the secret to getting the biggest yields. Research and experience.