Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can I get a medical marijuana card in California?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Lovemary18, Mar 28, 2014.

1. I live in Chicago and I'm planning to move California for medical weed. I have back pain and a sleeping disorder. I don't qualify for medical weed in Illinois. I only qualify in California. I heard from some people who lives in California that it's easy to get one. What are the requirements?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. WHAT ILLNESSES ARE COVERED?
    Prop. 215 lists “cancer, anorexia, AIDS, chronic pain, spasticity, glaucoma, arthritis, migraine, or any other illness for which marijuana provides relief. Physicians have recommended marijuana for hundreds of indications, including such common complaints as insomnia, PMS, post-traumatic stress, depression, and substance abuse.

http://www.canorml.org/medical-marijuana/patients-guide-to-california-law

:smoke:

3. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Au contraire, insomnia = sleep disorder, chronic pain = often related to back pain.

If your illness is documented, you should have no problem.

If it's not I'll let @[member="cball"] explain it. :smoke:

5. #5 Lebowski, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014

One of the requirements is a california ID or driver's license as proof of being a california resident.

To get your ID just bring a piece of official mail like a bank statement or utility bill with your name and CA address on it to a DMV office. They will immediately issue you a temporary ID and send you the actual ID in a few weeks.

Many doctors require a CA ID, some don't, but also many dispensaries also require to see your CA ID, so if you get your rec without the ID the dispensary might ask for it anyway.

Get your CA ID.

Also, bring any medical documentation of your condition to your doctor's visit.

6. Lebowski is correct except you can even get a CA ID without a piece of mail. Someone I know recently got one using a UPS box as his address and DMV did not require any proof; and the doctor accepted the temporary DMV ID. Coincidentally, the medical condition was also back pain and he had no medical records. Of course, you know where he went from the doctor's office! By chance, the first dispensary he visited accepted his temporary ID. Several days later, though, a different dispensary refused to serve him until he received the permanent ID (which was delivered to his UPS box within @ ten days).

7. Take any pills you are prescribed for proof. It really helps. I came in with a bottle of Prozac and Keppra (seizure disorder pill) and they barely asked me any questions.