How can I fix this?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Blazerbandit, Dec 1, 2011.

1. My plants aren't looking so hot. Can anyone tell me what may be wrong? I'm using distilled water and my ferts are 9-59-8... Is that too much phosphorus? I've only fertilized once and then had to flush the plants because I was thinking my prob was nute burn... They are a little over a month into flowering and have stopped any growth... Someone help me get back on track so maybe this can be a merry Christmas :)

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a magnesium deficiency to me. Maybe nitrogen too. Are you checking your PH?

3. I have a digital soil ph tester... But I'm losing hope in it. I was trying to just get some test strips but haven't had a chance yet....

4. Ph soil testers can be really inaccurate. You should measure the ph of what you put in and the runoff. Ph for soil should be 6.5-6.8.

5. Okay so I tested the runoff and it looks like it's more acidic then it should be. I added a pic, dunno if it'll help but the top is the distilled water and the bottom two are the plants. What can I use to fix my ph, somethin preferably found at a walmart or something cuz I have no hydroponic stores or anything near me. And once I fix the ph will I still have to deal with the deficiencies or will they be fixed from not being locked? Thanks for any help this is my first grow and I wanna see em make it to the end.

6. Oh yea here's the pic...

Attached Files:

7. how often are you giving it water?

get some dolomite lime. mix it into the top of the soil and give it a heavy watering then check the ph again. that should raise the ph of the soil, and add some micro nutrients too.

you can get dolomite lime and pretty much any hardware store. you want to try and find the powdered or ground up stuff so it dissolves quicker and easier.

8. I water them every few days, I use a moisture meter and just look at the soil.

9. ok, those moisture meters suck, they are not too acurate...and just looking at the soil isnt a good way either.

the best way is to go by feel. pick the pot up and feel how heavy it is. the plant will feel 2-3 times lighter when it needs water.

it looks like you may be overwatering.

10. K so I'll get some lime and let them dry out a little then water them a little heavy with the lime?

11. yup :cool:

12. [quote name='"Imalittleteapot"']how often are you giving it water?

get some dolomite lime. mix it into the top of the soil and give it a heavy watering then check the ph again. that should raise the ph of the soil, and add some micro nutrients too.

you can get dolomite lime and pretty much any hardware store. you want to try and find the powdered or ground up stuff so it dissolves quicker and easier.[/quote]

Is agricultural limestone be the same thing as dolomite lime? It has magnesium an calcium in it too... Not sure thats the only thing I could find.

13. Also, how much of this lime would you recommend?

14. Ok so, I added lime but I haven't seen any improvement... It hasn't gotten worse either. They've been flowering for two months and have small buds so far. Should I try nutes again or hold off?