How can I fix this?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by iworkmusic, May 7, 2017.

1. #1 iworkmusic, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Hey guys,

Absolute noob here. I am growing my first seed, and I have been growing for about 10 days now. I am using FoxFarm ocean forest potting soil with hoffman horticultural perlite. I have a Taotronics 32w LED grow light, and a 1500 lumens LED light [​IMG] . I transplanted my seedling to a bigger grow box after 1 week and fed it some Miracle-gro all purpose water soluble plant food and on day 8 it started showing signs of stress [​IMG] the tips of the leaves are turning brown and they're shriveling up. I did some research, re-potted the seedling back into a smaller pot with flushed soil. From the attached picture can you tell if it could be nutrient burn or root rot? How can I recover? Thanks in advanced for the help [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Sooo toss that miracle grow in the trash. The pot size isnt going to matter so much, the question is did you put it back in the soil that had the miracle grow in it? If so, take it out of that soil, and only use the fox farm and perlite. It has enough food in it for a few weeks until you get on a real feed schedule. DO NOT use miracle fert. If your going liquid fert any of the big nute companys 3 step works fine. I would suggest using the water only soil mixes in the organics forum...

3. thanks for the info... I figured it was the miracle gro. I just transplanted it into some fresh nute free soil. I will check back in on it in a couple of days. Also do you think I should run it on a 24hr light cycle or keep it at the 18hrs it's currently on?

4. up to you really, from what others have said that have tried both, they didnt see much of a difference.. I like the 24 hour method for the first week then lower it down 1 hour per night untill at 18/6.. but honestly I really dont think it makes a diff..

5. ok kiddo youre doing too much u just plant a bunch of seedlings in cups i recomend atleast 5 get yourself a real light and not a 12 watt led pos i had one trust me it works but youll get like 3 grams also no fertilizer until flowering! 18/6 veg btw

6. Ok, cool! Thanks for the knowledge guys... I will show progress in the coming weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. no problem i find that plant food should be called weed killer lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. no doubt man... and people put that cancerous shit in there food gardens! I wont buy anything from Monsanto. Funny thing is I didnt know shit about plants in general until I joined this forum.. There is an incredible amount of knowledge here... and not just about the ole mar-ij-u-juana

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah, reading around this forum, I see that buying "Miracle-Gro" was a noob mistake... LoL! I'm learning though...LoL!

10. Put the plant in the soil, water it in and put it back under the lights. Go away for several days because the plant's first order of business is building a root system. While it's doing that, it doesn't use much water or food. No new seedling needs to be fed if it's growing in any quality of soil at all. Until they use up some of the nutrients in the soil, giving them more just burns them....which is exactly what you've done. A new seedling needs more heat than light and NO additional nutrients. When they're young, they're tender and fragile. The only thing you give a plant during the majority of the veg cycle is plain water. When roots are established, you'll begin to see the plant put on growth at a faster pace. DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN THAT CONTAINER UNTIL....you can lift it and feel NO weight. If you feel any weight at all, there is still moisture in that soil. Find a reliable source and read up on how to care for the MJ plant while a seedling and during the veg stage to keep them healthy. In the beginning, assuming you've given it soil, water and light, the plant needs very little from you other than to leave it alone. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  11. same lol i watered my first seedlings with plant food and killed em good lmao

• Like Like x 2
  12. You guys are awesome! Thanks for all of this knowledge! I was a bit reluctant to join this forum, but now I'm glad I did. Like I said this is my first plant and I'm a bit excited about learning and watching this beautiful life grow, so I over did it a bit... LoL! but it has been placed back into a safe environment and I am letting it do what it does best.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I was reading around and a lot of references say that the plant is probably working on building its root system, but as I embark on the two week mark, my seedling still looks like it did when it first popped through the soil, and a lot of the reference material that I've read show pics of seedlings that look further along in development than mine. It's been growing for about 11 days with no new signs of growth, should I be concerned?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey no problem man, This forum has a wealth of knowledge. We all are still learning! As far as your plant goes, I think only time will tell... If I had to guess, Im thinking the roots gots burnt from the miracle grow.. just keep watering it and cross those fingers... If she is still green then she if probably trying to recover from it still.. and if thats the case your growth is going to be stunted but will hopefully pull out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. heres what i do i take fox farm put it in a solo cup transfer the seeds with giant tap roots because my secret germination method is superior ;) tap root down obv i put the seed like almost so it stick out of the soil just a small layer like a few mm on top of it. anyways just spray it lighty with a spray bottle and i put a plastic bag over the top and it works like a dome and pops up a few days faster. also i only spray it once it completely drys out. but tbh i recommend u start over and your welcome its my goal to prevent people from making the same mistakes as me

• Like Like x 1
  16. She's still mean and green, and I'm starting to to see some new growth in between the two leaves that got burned. I'm currently germinating some more seeds to start another one, but my first baby is still kicking, and I'm hopeful

• Like Like x 2
  17. sweet man! she will probably be alright then!

• Like Like x 2
  18. thats great good luck and now u know what to do i love my tails super long lol

19. Planted these chinook haze seeds and they popped in hours after being planted with my technique and 4.5 days germination lol image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. #20 iworkmusic, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Hey guys it's been a while since I posted. My first lady unfortunately died, but as you can see, I have three new ladies and they are looking nice... I've learned from my noobie errors, and these three ladies are thriving. They had Nitrogen toxicity last week, but a good soil flush got them back in shape.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]