How can I clean my piece and keep the resin?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by DutchX5, Nov 6, 2010.

1. I saw a thread that suggested microwaving the bowl in a cup of water, then all the res will float to the top. Then remove the res with a spoon and set it aside and wait for the water to evaporate.

Now that should work, but I also have a metal one-hitter, which obviously I can't microwave. Should I boil it? If I do, will the same thing happen, like will the res float to the top?

Thanks for any help. I read the sticky but that was assuming you wanted to throw away the resin.

2. resin. is. gross.

3. Anyone have any helpful advice :rolleyes:

4. Scrape it up with like a paperclip or small tool. then you can pull it out. Heat it up a bit with a lighter so it will be more "gunky" and will come out easier. Then once you got all you can iso wash it with some salt.

5. here is a easy process stick is in a zip lock bag with some 70% or if you can get some 90% iso shake it around untill you get all your resin out then pour it out on a plate and let it dry for 24 hours...then if needed scrape it all up with a razor blade:smoke:

6. Best way. Resin is nasty, but hey...tough times = tough choices :D.

7. lol i agree but i have ben in the same boat but its ben awhile! i wonder how his batch came out?

8. Is it honestly worth scraping up the .whatever of resin? Resin just tastes terrible and really doesnt have much thc content if any at all. Not worth the hassle.

9. Man resin will get you f**ked up. I always boil mine in a pot on the stove then get it out with a long skinny wire.