How can God send members of other religons to Hell.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by marathon1, May 24, 2010.

1. "god" does not judge anyone. Judgment is a uniquely human characteristic.

2. Lack of knowledge of the Bible is obvious when people reply in a manner the way you did. Let's take a look at a few verses, shall we?

\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16)

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me." (John 14:6)

It's obvious that only Christians are allowed into Heaven. Everyone else is sent to suffer in Hell for eternity.

3. #43 JuicyGoose, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010

The bible means nothing to me.

I have a relationship with God on my own time and the way I want to. I don't need to read a book that humans wrote to be closer to him and understand him anymore.

Bottom line, he loves me because i live my life to make myself happy. I don't fuck other people over to progress and i love uncontrollably.

And by the way, i know the bible, i know what it says I was a sunday school teacher at a mennonite church, i've read it more than a few times. Doesn't mean I agree with it all.

I am also extremely bisexual, i know it's "against the bible", but it makes me happy and i don't see God sending me to hell for loving someone.

4. The Bible teaches much much more deep within.

5. :yummy:

6. Actually yes, "God" is defined as a conscious being. "God" is a word created by early English speakers who then gave it a definition; it has no inherent value (its only value being what we create it to be). That definition we gave it was, according to Webster, "a being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe." In this context, how could you not infer that, by definition, "God" is conscience.

Of course we can't wrap our minds around perfection, because literally nothing we know of is perfect. The universe is at best destructive and at worst literally random (at the quantum level). But again, saying that we cannot wrap our minds around perfection does not make it any more likely that perfection exists (that is be an argument from ignorance fallacy).

7. So let's assume that God gives us free will, and he knows the fate of every man.
    If God were all-loving, it would have made the most sense for him to have only created those who love him, and skip the "test" on Earth, and allow those who love him to live in heaven.

8. I think you need to keep in mind that this thread is concerning Christianity. In your original post you stated that "as long as you live a good life, you will be allowed in Heaven", when that's simply not true by the standard of the Christian religion. I assumed you were a Christian because this is what the entire thread is about.

Also, it was quite immature that you negative repped me because I "insulted your religion". It's not like I took it personally or anything, I was just explaining to you how you were wrong.

9. Okay, so you have already agreed with me by saying Humans created the definition. Just because Humans gave "God" a definition does not mean that that is what "God" is.

As you will notice, I only say "God" because that is how many people can only picture God. There is no definition to explain "God."

10. #50 JuicyGoose, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010

I'm wrong about my own beliefs..... hmmmmmm.......

and I didn't mean "my religion", I was just high when i wrote it.

11. I don't know what you're getting at... I was just making a point that you must be a Christian in order to get into Heaven, and I offered several Bible verses that support that idea.

I don't care what you believe in, I don't have a problem with whatever it is, I was just initially talking about Christians in my first post...

12. Ok, let me debunk that for you:

God creates the universe. Then he creates his angels. He created them KNOWING that the one named Satan would rebel.

THEN he creates humans.

THEN, he sets up this forbidden fruit in the garden, KNOWING that Adam and Eve would be subjugated by the serpent, therefore eating it.

^^^^^^^ Read that again and you tell me if it's A&E's fault or your god's.

And even if it WERE A&E's fault (which it is not), your YHWH (god) is still a dick for punishing their children for so called "fucking up".

I mean, am I right or wrong here???

13. I'm sure they are asking this in Pakistan right now..

"I know the only way to Paradise is thru Muhammad, but I wouldn't deny a person born in the USA and only knew Christianity, entrance to Paradise"

Theres multiple major religions. Getting into paradise is a slim chance, if you believe in that shit.

14. I have found all the answers!!!!!!!! He has taken geology classes...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yUUl35rK9g]YouTube - Proof Positive that Creation Is FACT And Evolution Is A Lie[/ame]

15. In order to even give humans 'free will', he had to create evil

hence Satan....

God created Satan(evil) which gave us free will

16. Christocentric. Just because somebody believes in a paradise afterlife doesn't mean they're Christian.

17. Of course. But if you read the original post in this thread, you see that the religious theme would be Christianity, so I would only expect that posters in this thread are referencing Christianity.

18. Your biblical god made sin inheritable, correct? D'oh!

Keep telling yourself that the bible makes sense and that your god is somehow moral; maybe from sheer repetition you may drown out all of your conflicting thoughts.

19. If you don't believe in God then why do you care where you're supposed to end up by our standards?