How can Democrats take over power in Washington?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bluntzilla420, Jun 19, 2017.

1. They can start by not running a guy who looks like Anthony weiner, and who actually lives in the district he's running in.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Put some aloe on that burn.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They need to start realizing that lots of money and repeating "Trump iz bad" isn't gonna work.
    Everyone knows trump is horrible already.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. They knew that during the election was the funny part.

Still fielded a worse candidate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It was the Russian fake news propaganda campaign that made her worse.

6. He likely would have been living in that district if it wasn't shaped like a salamander. He only missed living there by the edge of a toe.

7. I hear you man.. I still think these people should live in their district if they're gonna run for office. R or D.
    And I think that probably hurt him in the end.

8. The only requirement is that they live in the state. There are over 20 US Congressmen who do not live in the district they represent - both Republicans and Democrats. Granted, some of that is due to changing the district lines after being elected, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not against any rules.

9. The opposition was likely looking for any way to discredit him. I don't see a problem living slightly outside the district and I don't like people using rules for clubs when they are meaningless rules.

10. I'm not arguing that it's against any rules.
    I just think it would be a good idea for a local candidate to live in their district.

That's all..

• Like Like x 1
  11. *and act like adults with them

• Like Like x 1
  12. It is obvious that pushing the Hate Trump thing isn't working. Hey if you you hate him, hate him. The reality is, most Americans don't HATE him. There are a lot that don't like him, but the ones that hate him, though loud, is a small percentage. I know a lot of people that don't like him and didn't vote for him. But when the only policy the dems run on is hate Trump, it starts to really starts pissing off the people that just don't like him.
    Until the dems start working on real policies, stop preaching middle class jobs all while spending tax money to give people free shit they will continue to go down hill. Like Trump or hate him, when there are more jobs, and people start feeling like the economy is doing better. Trumps approval will go up. Those that "just don't like him" will vote for him, many of whom didn't vote for him in '16

13. Honestly assanges punditry is dog shit. Good leaks but his commentary makes no sense. Is he suggesting that the GOP does represent the interests of working people and doesn't align themselves with the "blob?" I have my issues with the dems but statements like this are stupid because they imply the GOP has working people's interest at hearts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I don't see anything in that sentence that comes close to suggesting that...

People don't vote based on party platform, they pick whichever candidate has the nicest suit and promises them the most things. It really fucked them in blue collar areas when the DNC decided to treat Sanders the way they did and favor Clinton, who was Wall St's favorite.

Doesn't mean the R's are a better or worse choice it just means the D's fucked up.
    Running pro-war, pro TPP, pro drug war, very corporate candidates is not likely to gain enough blue collar support.