Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can a guy get a job as a farm hand on a medicinal grow?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by PaperZonly, Apr 14, 2012.

1. What are the chances of somebody with a grow needing help in a medicinal state? That'd be bad ass to be a farm hand on a grow. I'd be killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

I don't wanna keep any product nor am I a dis-honest person. I saw some documentaries and i think it was on "How Weed Won The West" if not it was another one, but those guys worked their asses off all day, and camped at night pretty much all season long. Has anyone seen it? There was a mr pink and mr blue etc. Not reservoir dogs but their names were just the colors of the bandanas that cover their face.

Either way, this is a dream job. I love working outdoors. I Grew up on an industrial poultry farm so I'm used to breaking my back. But the whole concept seems To be pretty awesome.

2. Most growers aren't going to trust anyone with they don't know with that amount of money. Any grow where they need help is more than likely going to be illegal. If it was a legal MMJ grow then more than likely the patients would help if they can. Even caregivers are still depending on making a profit of what they grow, they still gotta eat too ya know.

3. [quote name='"lemonade AK47"']Most growers aren't going to trust anyone with they don't know with that amount of money. Any grow where they need help is more than likely going to be illegal. If it was a legal MMJ grow then more than likely the patients would help if they can. Even caregivers are still depending on making a profit of what they grow, they still gotta eat too ya know.[/quote]

Yea, I completely understand. I felt bad for the people in the documentary because 3 different grows ended up getting robbed.

One was a Mexican that was a farm hand and he ripped off his employer and hit the trail.

Second grow was a husband/ wife team and someone snatched their entire grow in the middle of the night.

The third grow was ripped up by a bear and had some lurkers on it too.

I understand caregivers still gotta eat too, and I guess there are patients out there more than willing to help those caregivers out.

In the doc I saw though, these guys were just out roughing it for the entire grow season. And it looked awesome. Work all summer, camp outdoors all summer, not have to pass a drug screen, and at the end of season reap the benefits of your day labor.

Really wish I could remember the name of the doc though.

4. here in colorado trimmers and other duties are always hiring, but the economy has effected ALOT of the dispensaries.

like 20% have shut down so far.

but ive seen jobs on craigslist for trimmers and i know someone i could work for lol.

5. [quote name='"pigpen03"']here in colorado trimmers and other duties are always hiring, but the economy has effected ALOT of the dispensaries.

like 20% have shut down so far.

but ive seen jobs on craigslist for trimmers and i know someone i could work for lol.[/quote]

Id really enjoy the labor! I'm about to look on Craigslist and see what's up in Colorado. I'm willing to travel. No problem

6. You weren't lying! Who would've thought that there's legit jobs in the field.

Attached Files:

7. 80-100 degrees :eek:

8. [quote name='"FluffyBud"']

80-100 degrees :eek:[/quote]

Like I said in the original post. I grew up on an industrial poultry farm. Average temp inside of a chicken house is 92 degrees.

Then walking out into the freezing cold and right back into that 92 degree chicken house will make you sick as a dog. Because you have to service all houses, while maintaining hundreds of thousands of chickens and by the time you come out you're sweating, which is ok, but when you're stepping out into 30 degree temps it becomes a health issue and you'll get sick.

9. [quote name='"PaperZonly"']

Yea, I completely understand. I felt bad for the people in the documentary because 3 different grows ended up getting robbed.

One was a Mexican that was a farm hand and he ripped off his employer and hit the trail.

Second grow was a husband/ wife team and someone snatched their entire grow in the middle of the night.

The third grow was ripped up by a bear and had some lurkers on it too.

I understand caregivers still gotta eat too, and I guess there are patients out there more than willing to help those caregivers out.

In the doc I saw though, these guys were just out roughing it for the entire grow season. And it looked awesome. Work all summer, camp outdoors all summer, not have to pass a drug screen, and at the end of season reap the benefits of your day labor.

Really wish I could remember the name of the doc though.[/quote]

I've seen this! Juancho is the Mexican who dipped. I always call shiesty people Juancho now. Lol

10. Man I would love be part of a legal grow op. Hell, even an illegal one.

I get such satisfaction working with my hands and seeing a tangible result of my efforts.

11. [quote name='"TheDankDude"']Man I would love be part of a legal grow op. Hell, even an illegal one.

I get such satisfaction working with my hands and seeing a tangible result of my efforts.[/quote]

I'm still looking at mmj related jobs in Colorado on Craigslist. Just use keywords like bud tender, or trimmer and they'll pop up in different cities.

12. It was called Green Rush, I'm pretty sure its on netflix. I remember the guys you are talking about. They were the only ones who made it to harvest. They stayed up in the mountains for the whole season.

13. [quote name='"lemonade AK47"']
    It was called Green Rush, I'm pretty sure its on netflix. I remember the guys you are talking about. They were the only ones who made it to harvest. They stayed up in the mountains for the whole season.[/quote]

This it's green rush and I just watched it last night and yeah that show was very interesting