HOW BOUT THESE LIGHTS?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Atowndown, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Hello fello blades just wanted to see what people had to say about my new light setup. And i also have another HPS light i intend on adding next to my other MH in the tent once i flip them to 12/12z ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1443996348.318528.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1443996371.870513.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1443996418.193291.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1443996450.747569.jpg
    Oh and i ran out of FFOF , today was transplant day. Ill be getting more and finish transplanting the rest into 7 gallon smart pots. Hence the diferent size pots lol. Thanks for the feedback guys, any and all is appreciated. ;smoke

2. #2 PNWClosetGrower, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
    Looks really sweet man, better watch that heat. My hps is hot.[​IMG] You'll get nice growth from that as long as you can control it.

3. thanks bro

4. That looks awesome, how much were those led panels?

5. what LEDs are those? They look like those 14w ones that flooded the market about 8 years ago but bigger

6. If you can remove the heat that all of them create, then throw everything you've got in there. But for the tent growers, managing the heat from the lights is always the biggest issue. LED"s burn less hot than hps, but when you have a confined space like that, even LED's can create some heat. However, I'm a firm believer that the more light you can provide, the bigger the buds in the end. Good luck! TWW

7. Thanksgor the input guys, i actually purchased the panels off of craigslist like the rest of my setup. The only thing the people knew about them was that they were full spectrum LED panels that were custom made in California for growing marijuana. Does anyone know a way that i could test and find out the actual wattage for them? Thanks again blades

8. #8 PNWClosetGrower, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
    You can get a lumen meter and measure the lumens they put out and compare it with your hid.
    Are you going to start a grow journal up? If you do let us know, i'll sub up. Your setup looks nice although you might want to consider some air cooled hoods. they're not too expensive. Here ya go 50 bucks new.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BMVK8HG?psc=1&...\\
    Honestly in my opinion if the led's suck just use them for side lighting or whatever because you're going to get fantastic growth with two hid's in there either way. I'm only using one hid and it's just awesome. Comparing it with the other lighting types i don't think there's much competition it's hid's all the way for me.

9. do you have a link on them that i could compare to? Dont know how many watta thier putting out

10. Slimmest led panel i've ever seen, very interesting setup. Hopefully a LED wizard can chime in with some info on them.

11. you can get wattage meters from many stores. You plug it in to the socket and plug the appliance in to it and it displays the info on a screen. There are many brands, but they all look something like this

[​IMG]

It will show you exactly how many watts the lights consume

12. these are the LED panels I was referring to. Unfortunately they simply didn't work. A product of someone's over enthusiasm when it came to growing with LED. The tech was just too expensive back then and these units were the only thing that could be made cheap enough.

At 14watts each they were rather pointless. I owned one myself lol. I thought it would be ok for a mother plant but sadly not even that. I wasn't aware of the wattage when I bought it. I thought it would be a lot more than that

[​IMG]

13. Yup, Ive seen those lights loads, they are only good for veg and use less than 30w. each led is 0.5w or less. So basically, its useless. You will soon find this out yourself. If you have hps, mh or proper led's in there, it is that light that will grow your plants and not those led panels in your pic's.
    Try the led stand alone and you will see.
    Your better of with cfl's or corn bulbs than those panels.

14. I'd use the two HID's Covering as much of the center as you can and move the led's to be side lighting. 2 HID's with air cooled hoods would probably be pretty sweet in that space. Side lighting a bonus. Your set man you just need air cooled hoods. I've got a single 600 watt HID in a 4x4 area with 5 plants and it's doing great, i don't see why two wouldn't handle ten or twelve.

15. Mmmm, well thats depressing. After reading what you guys had to say i feel like i completely wasted my money!!! I need to get a wattage meter so i can see for myself what they are putting out.

16. Don't get too worried about it until you can run a test. Yours might not be like the others....hopefully they're much better. Whatever comes from it, you've got to have enough lighting in flower to handle the number of plants you're trying to flower off. I flower with 4, 1000 watt hps and only put about 4 to 5 plants under each light. When in flower, they explode with growth...or should (LOL) and if you have too many under one light, they'll all suffer. You can harvest much more off one well cared for plant than you can 5 that are only getting part of what they need to thrive. Read up on the different lighting options before you make any serious changes. The more you know....the more you know....and you can make your own decisions instead of relying on the opinions of others. Good luck! TWW