How bongs are made?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by mardanlin, Aug 12, 2010.

1. I was wondering if anyone knew a distributor to buy raw parts from. I've researched all I can, and from what it looks like you just need a machine that heats the premade part until you melt it onto the base piece or whatever.

But what about percs? Do you blow those by hand and then place them inside? I'm serious about wanting to start a bong company. I have an original idea that I've never seen or heard of anywhere. Maybe if I can get this figured out you can see what it is when they go up for sale. :)

Any information on machinery I would need to invest in or basic classes that i would need to take, etc. would be helpful. Thanks.

2. well the first thing your gunna need to do is learn how to glass blow and practice, practice, practice.... endlessly. It's not that easy that you just have to just melt glass together after buying the equipment. There's a reason not everyone does it.

3. Do you know any companies or personal people that do custom stuff? If you could point me to some people who could do everything like that I could discuss my idea with them and see if we could work something out.

I just know it's a good idea and I want it on the market asap.

4. Go to your local headshop and ask the dude at the counter if he can tell you if he buys homemade pipes from locals or if they make their own. If they know some people, they could probably give you some contact info and you could ask them for advice.

Never done it myself, but I hear that if you're going to be blowing glass, make damn sure you don't hiccup while blowing, you'll fuck your lungs up good.

5. search user name: LEAR, or look for his thread in toking tools. He's a glass blower who could probably give you better information than I could. He does some really awesome stuff too.

6. 90% of decent bongs are made on lathes like this....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAH7n0jyMRY]YouTube - ‪Itza Glass Finishing Up a bad ass custom fixed stem‬‎[/ame]

They cost tens of thousands of dollars.

7. what buisness experience do you have?

the way i look at you as a consumer is:

who is this guy any way how do i know his glass is even decent?
    why would i pay X dollers for yours when i can get a china or roor toro etc and i know its quality?

8. @ 420:

Thats just your opinion. I look at said producer and then look at his product.;)

9. Mcmaster carr.com

they sell boro glass in all shapes and sizes

http://www.mcmaster.com/#glass/=8de5ik