How big to grow before flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by droz, Nov 25, 2013.

1. #1 droz, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
    I have a seven foot ceiling in my grow room, I would like to top my plants out around 5' which should leave plenty of room for the hood. I'm growing Bubba Kush, OG Kush, Skunk #1, and Buddha Kush, does any one have a idea for the size I should start flowering these at. 

Thanks
    jeremy

2. I never went 5 feet and I been growing a while.
    The most I went before 12/12 is 2 feet. You don't want your plants to be stretched out and need to try and make them more bushy then stalky.
    Make sure you top them a few times and rever the energy to become more bushier with several main colas. Thats the goal

3. Droz, I forgot to ask.. How tall are you?

4. I want the plants to finish around 5 feet. So when you start flowering at 2 feet how big did they get in the end. 

I'm 6'2" why does that matter?

5. All of this can be found with a simple Google search.

General flowering rules:
    Sativa Dominant: Flower them when they are at 1/3 of your desired height (3x stretch)
    Indica Dominant Flower them when they are at 1/2 of your desired height (2x stretch)

Hybrids will usually stretch within these boundaries but other factors play a roll in stretch such as temperature and light intensity.

6. Mine usually end at around 3 - 3 1/2 feet but you can totally controll the height with LST, SCROG or Trellis netting. Any of those will allow you to. Control the height.

Without controls above if you start at 2 feet, you will probably finish at 4 1/2 or so.
    Do you plan to FIM or top your plants?

Never mind about the height. I had something else on my mind :)