How big should my pot sizes be?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Newbez, Feb 17, 2013.

1. I'm growing Auto White Widow this late spring outdoors, the seed can apparently grow to 150cm outdoors. How big should my pots be? Will 10 liter pots suffice?

Also, I'm a complete beginner and this will be my first grow. I know a majority of people transfer the plants from smaller pots into bigger ones, when should you do this and what size should the smaller pots be? Also, is it possible just to grow it in the big one straight off the bat?

2. "Grow where you throw" is what I say .

Meaning start out with the same pot u gonna finish with , don't transplant unless needed.
    A 10 liter would be good but since ure growing outside they tend to get bigger and for this reason I'd suggest a 15 liter pot to start and finish with a bit more growing room for the roots is always a good thing.

Hope that helps .

3. It's also easy to overwater in a bigger container so be careful there...

4. Agreed

If you let the plant grow in a small pot first IMO it will develop a better root ball but in the end it's all the same just preference I guess and it gives me something to do between waterings I have seen no positive or negative affects either way

Sent from iPhone 5

5. I'd go with a 7-10 gal with an auto outside. You can always start them indoors to achieve the rootball and also let them mature a bit before going outside

6. OP, I veg in .5g grow bags, and flower in 3g grow bags..

So maybe 2 times from clone..

7. Good idea that's what I would do

And I start in solo cups and then to 1 gal and flower in 3 gal smart pots its a good size IMO
    Sent from iPhone 5