How Big Of A Threat Is Rain To Growing Plants Outside? And How Dank Could It Get?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Scott Daddy, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Just curious trying to think of a good way to grow some dank plants this summer may not be able to get hps or mh lights and i dont want to waste my time with flourescent lights my only concern about growing outside really is rain?
    :smoking:
    weed's potency is based on the seed and environment ( which is best done inside obviously), but is it possible to get an awesome yield from my plant and it be dank at the same time from growing outside?
    any tips?

2. i'm sorry dude, but I really laughed out loud on this one. To try and answer your question it is very possible to grow "dank" weed outside. and the yeild will be awesome.

3. #3 kerenski, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
    there's a reason why it's called "outgrowing" and it isn't solely based on the fact that it's outdoors... ;)
    no artificial light can really top the sun (depending on where you are :p)...

but to be fair, the question is sort of valid, seeing as really strong rain/hail/storms, bad weather in general, can adversely affect your plants, i.e. mold, breakage, etc...

you got a lot of reading ahead of ya :smoke:

4. Rain could be a problem for little sprouts but not an established plant. Torrential downpours, hurricanes, floods -- yeah, that could mess you up.

A bigger concern for most outdoor grows is stealth, it's hard to hide a marijuana grow outside because the plant is unique in appearance and unique in odor (which can carry 100 yards or more downwind). You have to think about neighbors, kids, utility meter readers, etc.

There's also critters -- various insect infestations, plus deer and rabbits (among others) love to munch out on MJ.

5. can ya really blame 'em? :smoke:

6. Oh man. Sorry if I start to ramble but this is a subject near and dear to my heart. And I am a little drunk and really stoned, so if you don't want to read, then skip it. The thing is, you can never, EVER, get the potency and yeild inside that you can outside. With the big HPS in the sky, you can grow the dankest weed. There is one simple thing to keep in mind when you grow your stuff outside and that is K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid!! When looking for a spot outside, get out in this area the year before! Look for a good spot. You WANT briars, brambles, thristles. Think about it... if you don't really want to go in there to plant your weed, who the hell else wants to go in there?? I have found through years of experience that deers and other critters won't even bother mostly! Look for green, rich vegetation. If other plants are thriving, then marijuana will too as its mostly a hardy plant. Just don't leave a trail, always go in a different way. Never leave garbage. Thats obvious. You bring it in, take it out. NOTHING should stay behind not even the smallest dixie cup this could compromise your grow. If you insist on useing irrigation hoses, then please hide them well. You would be surprised at the grow ops that really mess up with this and lose their crop to cops and theives. Always remember, weed can grow with no attention! You don't have to visit. Does rain hurt any other annual plant in your wooded areas? Does the rain kill your roses in your garden? How about your tomatoes? You can "cheat" a little bit with this too bro. Start your plants off a month before you plant inside and then once they are a month old and its time to plant outside, the time depends on where you are, then put them out for an hour the first day. then two the second. And so on the first week if its possible for you. This is hardening the plant to survive outside. You see when the wind blows in nature it makes tiny little tears in the plants stock and this makes the stock grow bigger and stronger to survive. As for stealth, plant your plants in small patches. Three here, five there. Always well spaced. If animals or cops or a thief gets one patch, they won't get all of them. When cops look down into the forest from a pork chopper (not when they use the dreaded "light") then they look for rows, spirals, and anything that looks unnatural. Nothing in nature grows in rows or spirals or anything like that. Be chaotic like mother nature. They also look for garbage, trails, irrigation hoses, and any sign humans may frequent the area. Wow man I really wrote a book. Sorry I am pretty tipsy and stoned. I guess I will shut up now, if anybody is still reading lol.

7. K.I.s.s. love it. That's all you need to take from this. Ppl get way to complex sometomes when It comes to mj. It's a plant found and started in nature so why would rain ruin it? K.I.S.S.