how big of a pot do i need

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lacrossestar, Apr 15, 2003.

1. how big of a pot do i need to grow in?

2. When thinking of pots think of ice cream buckets..the big 5 gallon ones.

3. honostly, i would go with a 5 gallon water jug, fill it up half way with 50%dirt 50% miracle grow. throw a shit load of seeds in, water it, keep it at a moderatly warm temp, and soon, your grow baby cronik plants

oh yeah, cut the top of the jug off, so the whole is bigger

4. Ok at the risk getting yelled at by the experts..here goes, I learned initially that you should have 1 gallon of potter per foot of plant that being said I started using 3 1/2 gallon containers. I measured my grow room and the size of the lights and the height of the planter and deducted that from my overall height to determine how big of a plant I could grow. Still with me? Now this did work for me but the 3 1/2 gal containers were difficult to handle and move around even more so if you happen to live in a apartment or have a small grow room, a buddy of mine gave me some clones and he grows all his stuff in 1 gallon (8" across the top) with no problem. I have read that 1 gallon is the minimum u should use. I am considering moving up to 1 1/2gal containers soon. I would think somewhere between 2-5 would be ideal depending on your expectations of height and available room

good luck

If this pertains to outside plants then the BIGGER the better!

5. nooooo!

6. nnnoooo....indeed....as for nikidog, i wouldn't grow in as small a pot as that unless your gonna trigger flowering at under 8" which isn't really adviseable......the bigger the pot the more room the roots have growing=healthier plant=more buds....my 3 gallon pots all close together takes up approx 20"x20" approx....not too much room, or are you really restricted as to space?....Peace out....Sid