How big of a grow room?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by MTKush, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Hi, I'm just about to start my first grow and I was wondering how big of a grow room ill need to grow twenty plants in veg and twenty plants in flowering stage at the same time

2. 20 plants for a first time grower is ambitious IMO. Learn the craft before going that big. One plant can make a bad turn on you in a day or two without knowing what you are doing. Imagine that problem multiplied by 20.

3. lol yeah try growing 3-4 before you try and grow big, if you gotta ask you could use some experience!

4. Agree with above posters. Baby steps, and the K.I.S.S. approach (keep it simple, stoner) will give you the best chance of success for your first grow. A grow like you are describing will cost $$$ to do properly, and your chance of success will be much less than if you just opt for a few plants. Start small, buy some good equipment, and you can always expand later if you want to.

5. Alot of set up cost involved in setting up a room like that. im assuming you will need to build False walls to split the veg and flower as the tent required for 20 full flowering plants would be quite big. The guys above are right tho. start small. without a full-time long time grower assisting you, you will no-doubt have your work cut out.

Also just to answer your question i needed a whole room of 4x4m just to flower my 24 girls and allow some space around the edge to work. veg and clones and mummas take up a whole other room or garage.

all the best. read up.

6. Thanks for the replies. I'm just preparing myself I was going to start with 5 plants and work my way up I'm just trying to see how big of an area I will need for the future. I have a 20'x20' garage I was going to use do you thing that would be big enough? Also have a spare bedroom that I could use as a clone/veg room.

7. That garage is big enough. Your gonna need a bunch of lights and shit for that though. Get ready for a high electric bill

8. How many and what size lights should I use for each room? I was thinking a few 600 watt lights in each room

9. I think u should do a couple 3-5 plant grows and just keep expanding until you max yourself out. The types of questions you are asking are showing u have little/no experience, im no pro but i have a few grows under my belt and i feel like 40 plants would be a handful for me. Youll end up figuring out alpt of ur questions on ur own just by experimenting.

10. Look at some big grow journals on this site and see how much these guys have invested in them before u go big

11. I have been looking at a lot of threads and I can't really find any that are growing around the same amount of plants. That's why I decided to ask..

12. Do you plan on building rooms within the garage? I have flowered in a tent in a garage before and it was really hard to contain the smell even with filters 24/7. Building an airtight room will be costly but effective. I would veg clone and keep the mothers in the garage and flower inside. That's how I do it now.

One 600w would be fine for 4 plants. I use to flower 24 under 6 600w cooltube lights.

It is a shitload of work taking care of a grow that size on your own. You will be best start small.

Chip

13. Agree with pretty much everyone else..Im just now starting my 3rd grow and I still call myself a beginner..i just planted my 5 seedlings yesterday and still everyday im on the internet trying to do more and more research to better myself and my plants. Trust me, start small and do as much research as possible..ive learned SOOO much since my first grow. Peace

14. Check out my journal, I have twenty under 4 600's currently and started with a home made tent. I'd start with a 5x5 tent, a 600 digi ballast with an xxxl hood and ro filter and a good ph/tds pen if I did it over again and had more room at the time. I've got 10-15k into the room I have now and all of my old gear is in use. Wish I had a 5x5 for clones and moms, I'll be upgrading shortly.