how big of a deal is lightproof?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by luv2chief, Dec 27, 2007.

1. i am on 24/7 so i figured its not a problem now when do you think i should switch to 18/6 if at all and will the fans be a problem with light (box is in bathroom with lights off no windows and door shut

Attached Files:

2. you may need more ventilation (exhaust?)
    you can go 18/6 anytime you want, if at all, why not start that way?
    youll have to drop to 12/12 eventually, the box should have absolutely no light entering during dark periods
    are they gonna be in that box throughout its entire growth?

3. Not to bust your nuts but.. I don't know how your going to grow with that box... I have one plant that I have been growing just for shits and giggles out of a bag of swag and its already taller than that and its 4 weeks old.

4. about 6 days im not using any ferts yet temp stays around 75 degrees and i will be doing LST so i think this box should be plenty...if need be i will buy another rubbermaid bottom and put that on top for more height...for 2 plants that are LST i would think it should be fine, but then again im new at this so let me know what you think

5. ive seen some crazy things pulled off and i wouldnt put this past you, your best bet IMO is to 12/12 immediately while LST

edit: you may have a prob with the plants touching the lights if theyre too hot

6. Lightproofing is a two-way consideration. Inside the grow space you have to be concerned about lightproofing so that the dark cycle is not disrupted/corrupted/etc. For a 24/0 op I agree that lightproofing for the plants does not matter. During 18/6 it does matter.

But there also is the lightproofing consideration for stealth outside the grow space. Nothing like a light as bright as the sun leaking from under a closet door or from a tool shed or cabinet to arouse a little suspicion. In that respect being fully lightproofed at all times is best.

7. lol, reminds me of a movie where aliens land in a barn (or something like that) and the light of god shines thru the cracks

8. ha well the lights not a problem comin out no one can see it and i plan on moving it to a closet when i change the light cycle