How big is your pot?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Caseyjones87, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Does the pot size control the height or bud production of the plant? Currently our plants are in gallon buckets

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to GC, blade! I hope you find it a good community to be a part of.

It's not as simple as calculating container size + veg days = potential harvest. It's very individual to the grow because of the variables -genetics is the biggest, light (spectrum, intensity, quantity), nutrients/fertilizer (so many different ways to crack this egg), medium (hydro, soil, soilless, aero too I suppose), environment (temp, humidity, airflow), watering conditions (water is so different even on opposite sides of town) and frequency (automatic watering, hand watering), training methods, harvest timing, pests/pathogens, and the list goes on.

The link from StickyBudHound is a good one, and they provide a loose frame of reference for what container size can indicate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. yes- I was using 1 gal and was watering every other day and only getting tiny buds
    I upgraded to 5 gal pots. and see a big difference and can water heavier every third day
    was told by old grower no less than 5 when growing indoor