How big can a plant get while vegging for 3 months in a 5 gallon pot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ItsBigPete, Apr 18, 2013.

1. How big can a plant get that is vegging for 3 months in a 5 gallon pot? Ik that the rule is usually that a foot per gallon. But if I plan on vegging my plants for 2 or 3 months how big will they get in a 5 gallon pot. I'm growing outdoors btw.

2. Depends on a lot of things. The soil, light/sun are pretty big factors. The strain is another, and if you are trying to keep it shorter/bushy or not. I had plants the same size go to the same spot and one ended up bout 11 ft tall bout 4.5 ft wide and another was bout 5 ft tall 7 ft wide. My purple kush stayed short and fat

3. i had 3 in 5 gallon bucketts they got to about 5'8 then i transplanted them into a huge tote

4. how long did you veg?

5. That is to small. Will get root blind choke its self off and die. My plants have been in 5 gal grow bags for 2mo and they are already showing signs of root bound. If you are you going to use a 5 gal bucket you don't need to plant until July.

6. roughly 2 months

7. well im using a 5 gallon pot. so should i plant at the beginning of july or mid july?

8. Begging. Thy will be roughly 6-8 weeks or veg still.

9. ok. how big will it get in a 5 gallon pot? ive heard the rule is usually 1 foor per gallon so by the end of flowering would it reach 4-5 feet?

10. Shiiit. I plan on using five gallons as well. I know plants usually harvest in the Fall, is there anyway to force flowering so you can plant in May and finish in July/August?

11. you can force flower a plant indoors you cant do it outdoors. plants flower when the days get shorter thats why they finish off around fall. and nice tpb reference on your comment lmfao

12. Wrong. It takes some work. We have hoop houses that we uncover at 7 am and cover them at 7pm. We let the plants think is 12/12 and they will flower. It's called light depo if you want to google it.
    This doesn't sound like a option for the poster asking the question