How being 'responsible' works in real life

Discussion in 'General' started by GGrass, Jun 27, 2012.

1. #1 GGrass, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    They say,

"You've got to be a responsible person."

But how does being responsible work in real life?

--

I'd like to think that I'm a responsible person. That's why I'm always on time for work.

Even if that means I have to skip my breakfast.

I've been losing weight lately, because I stopped having breakfast on my way to work.

I stopped having breakfast because if I stopped for food, I'd be late for work.

And being a responsible person, I would rather not have breakfast, but be on time for work.

Until I feel like I'm going to pass out because I'm feeling weak and fucking hungry...

I'm so hungry to a point where I'm thinking,

"Is sacrificing your health to be on time for work considered "being responsible"?"

And I kept thinking,

"And if it is, then I don't want to be responsible because I'm fucking hungry..."

2. Eat on the way to work

3. Welcome to the rat race my friend.

4. #4 Senior PoopiePants, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    Oh my god, I'm in the same situation. I put other things before eating (like exactly what you said - my job). But I also don't have much of an appetite most of the time and thus I see eating as a chore these days. Just to stay alive... So I'll feel like shit at work because I didn't eat. And I'm a server, which is very physically and mentally demanding.

Smell me?

5. Be responsible for your body. Fuck work.

...well, guess you gotta be responsible for both. But, why not just go to bed earlier so you can wake up earlier (and eat breakfast)?

6. You mean while driving?

I don't like that... If I had to eat like that, I'd rather not eat.

I don't want a hurried meal, I want a slow and relaxed breakfast.

7. Have you tried getting up 15 minutes or so earlier, and eating at home? Your health will thank you for it, and you'll save money on restaurant/fast food breakfasts.

8. I know EXACTLY what you mean... sadly.

We really shouldn't do that... put eating last.

Eating should be the main thing that we do...

9. [quote name='"pearl75"']Have you tried getting up 15 minutes or so earlier, and eating at home? Your health will thank you for it, and you'll save money on restaurant/fast food breakfasts.[/quote]

This. Seems like common sense to me.

10. This, I am going to try...

I wake up at 6:15 AM.

So I'll wake up at 5:45, go downstairs and make me a breakfast... eat it... then take a shower.

11. Yes. It HAS to be. It WAS the first priority... What happened? :confused: :(

12. I don't know man...

I've got to get back to the mindset I had right after I came out the hospital after staying there for two weeks. I had Dangue fever and I was hospitalized for 2 weeks.

I was starved during that time and I lost so much weight.

After I came out, the first thing I did was to eat... and eat... and eat...

I thought to myself,

"I am never going hungry again..."

And dedicated myself to eating. Not just any food, but good quality food...

Until I wasn't starved anymore... now I'm back to 'Eat when it's convenient' mentality, which sucks.

13. eat up! i know how it feels to not have an appetite but thats when u have to think of what sounds good, figure it out, and find a way to eat it.

14. Wake up earlier?

15. I just swallowed a plate of spagetti with cream sauce and a bowl of mushroom soup for my lunch.

Oh, and a piece of bread with butter.

Delicious.

16. man just eat a granola bar or 2 on the way to work or something.

17. with out reading much of the replies....

shop the night before.... idk

be prepared,

being unprepared and blaming other factors beside youself is
    not being responsible