How bad will the smell get?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pumpdink, Jan 24, 2013.

1. #1 pumpdink, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    I've got a little cannabis bush and it's a few weeks old not flowering, but I can faintly smell it in veg mode when I enter the room.. Just wondering if it's going to turn into a security hazard due to close proximity of scummy humans. I hope not.. :(

It's a White Widow cannabis bush if this helps.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. You get +rep for making me lol. Haha cannabis bush

3. It may smell very little, and it may wreak worse than anything you have experienced. No way to tell 100% until flower.

4. Chances are, if you can smell it now it will smell a LOT more when flowering. If I were you I,d start looking into odor control now. Some good carbon scrubber plans can be found in the DIY section of this forum. Maybe, just maybe, ONAgel would work for you with one plant.
    Bestaluck to ya and welcome to Grass City

5. Cannabis reeks when flowering for the most part. I had one sour diesel plant in our tomato garden and in late flower the whole back yard smelled like Cambodia on a hot summer day! Indoors, it will be the same or worse. Some strains are worse than others but its a safe bet that its gonna stink. Prepare now for that.

6. One day you'll come home and it'll stink before you put your key in the front door. :(

Move to the country!

Edit: Oh yeah and lol @ cannabis bush

7. What is the typical period of time that they really start to smell? For example, what week in flower should I be most prepared for?

I've got some incense sticks..

8. That just made my day :p

9. If you're smelling it now, it won't lessen at all. Just get stronger. Incense will only mask the odor, not eliminate it. Also keep in mind that if you stop smelling it, that doesn't mean it's gone. Your senses might have just gotten used to it.

I ended up trashing two plants about that size. It was my first grow and I wasn't prepared for the smell.

Your bush looks healthy, btw :eek:

10. + Rep for calling it a bush. I love wishful thinking...nvm the h8tors. ;)

And yeah she'll stink.

11. Haha that is a very nice lookin' cannabis bush!

she will progressively get stinkier when you flip to 12/12 and the smell after 6 weeks or so could permeate a couple houses...

unless you're around to burn incense all day constantly for several weeks, start thinking about odor control options...

Good luck!

12. It's gonna start really stinking in 17 days.
    HURRY - get a plan NOW!!!!

13. Be proactive, not reactive when it comes to odor! Remember, odor and flapping of gums are the two things that get most people busted....get a proper fan and carbon filter combo, they work great and are much cheaper than a lawyer....