How bad of an idea is this lighting setup?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tuffestgong, May 11, 2009.

1. Yo folks. I saved some bagseeds from various kind that i have smoked and started a little soil grow, five ladies left. two big ass (6ft) sativas and three smaller indica looking ones, the three indicas are all below the canopy the first two have created. i can't imagine them getting enough light to produce any kind of respectable bud, so what if i set up a florescent light vertically, about two inches from these three plants, would it help the yield in any noticeable way or would it be more effort than it would be worth?:confused_2:

Thanks in advance smart growery people!

2. Is LST possible for you? Just tying down those lanky sativa bitches might free up some light to those tasty Indicas. Just be certain to be careful if you do imply this option, as to not bust a stem :eek:. :eek: I guess otherwise adding a few CFLs would help if tying down is not an option.

Sure does suck having those stretchy plant mixed with bushes, huh.

3. Can you put the shorter plants on some sort of pedestal or stack of cinder blocks or something so that all the plant tops are level? Side fluoro lighting certainly won't hurt, but I assume you have decent light already from the top, I'm just suggesting you find a way to use that more effectively.

4. Thanks for the advise, I will try getting a cfl in a desk lamp or something, i tried putting them on some old encyclopedias but the canopy was to dense for the littler ones to poke through. My budget for this grow has been $28. I'm using a 120w soft white light and a 65w cfl as my primary lighting. Very ineffective for the consumption, I know, but man...growing broke sucks.

I really like this place, just post my questions and tah-dah. you guys are the shit!

5. Wow, $28! And here I haven't started my first grow because I need another $500 or so.

6. Damn - my electric bill is $140.00 lol

Good luck and god growing. :)