How bad is this streching? What should I do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BudShooter, Mar 9, 2016.

1. I am new to growing.

I am using 2x Solistek 6000k Blue MH bulbs with the Solistek Ballasts.

The distance from the top canopy is around 20" - I cannot get closer as the leafs begin to show signs of heat stress

21 Days from germination Humboldt seeds, TrainWreck, BlueDream, and Choclate Mint OG

I think my plants are streching but I do not understand why. I can understand if I was using wrong spectrum CFLS, but these are correct spectrum and MH.

What do you think, Pics follow

I am thinking weather I should just dispose of all and start again. Perhaps using a CFL

I keep getting an "upload failed" message, so I have linked to a pic gallery

In the pic gallery the cups are labelled.

http://picsurge.com/g/4p961t

T = TrainWreck
    B = BlueDream
    C = Choclate Mint OG

2. I think they look fine. Tall but fine. The light distance could be causing the stretching. MH LIKES to be about 10 " above canopy, but of course you don't want to burn. I'd like to see some other opinions but I would say it let them ride.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

3. get those lights as close as possible. check the canopy temps as you adjust

• Like Like x 1
  4. It looks a little stretchy. Maybe pull the tops down and drop the light a bit. Whats that soil

Sent from my LGLS660 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thanks for the replies guys.

What are the BEST lights to use for seedlings? I thought it wud be MH, but i guess maybe those tfl arrays?

I have another question, Should I begin to top/fim now? Or is it too early?

The soil is Coco with Cork, the rest of my grow specs are in my sig

• Like Like x 1
  6. Depending on strain some can be topped often and early and some hate it

Sent from my LGLS660 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1