How bad does it usually smell when drying

Discussion in 'Security' started by Secretstotheuniverse, Jul 27, 2020.

1. I live with my dad because he has trouble taking care of himself and I'm hoping he doesn't find out I'm growing in my attic so I was wondering what's the average smell of curing. I'm in a state that's legal so I'm not worried about the cops but I think my dad would be pretty pissed off

2. it's going to be a huge hassle, smell a lot and be loud with fans. he is going to find out. honestly you would be better off just talking to your dad about it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Well I am going to be living up there and it's pretty sound proof i could yell at the top of my lungs and he whouldnt hear. Might because he and I have hearing problems. I have a shed that no one goes in it it should be a better option drying it out there

4. No drying in a shed outdoors in the summer should be your absolute last resort.

Is there any way you could dry in your grow space (with the lights off obviously)? Hang the buds in there until they’re dry and then jar/cure them in a separate location. That way you at least have the carbon filter of your grow space combatting some of the smell

5. Bruh I haven't even started growing yet also I'm growing outside with an indaca strain. How many of you guys have a carbon filter I'm to poor for that shit

6. Tbh, it depends on the strain and the quantity. If it’s not a huge amount, you’ll probably be fine based on your description of the space. You can get by without fans or anything that makes noise, what will get you is if you have a lot of a smelly strain. If you can identify a strain that’s less aromatic, that will get you a long way. Like every other step in the process, unless you’re ok with the people around you knowing, it’s best to be prepared to abandon the enterprise if the smell or any other aspect becomes unmanageable.