Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How bad can it be?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Muphin, Oct 20, 2011.

1. So in a thread I read this morning one of our GC patrons mentioned that his doctor told him that smoking weed ruins his focus on life and damages his lungs and blah blah blah, and that shit pisses me off. Why? Because there are a LOT WORSE THINGS in this world man. Before I started smoking weed, you know what I did? I graduated high school, got into World of Warcraft, and became addicted to it for over two years. I played on average 10-15 hours a day man. Seven days a week. I dropped out of college, I literally stopped all communication with friends from high school. Just to throw on to the pile of degradation, it also reduced my lung capacity because of sitting motionless for hours on end. Talk about focus on life, all the idiots in the world are so worried about a plant that grows in the ground? People think that weed is addicting? I'm sorry but none of the tokers I know have yet to drop out of college (I mean not drop classes, full on bail halfway through the first semester), none of them spend 10-15 hours a day focused solely on getting high, and none of them have quit their jobs, stopped talking to friends, or anything like that.

When I was introduced to weed as a lifestyle it was just the beginning of this year, and I have never felt the same cravings when I'm dry as I did when I wasn't playing WoW. I in fact made more friends, and I am doing better in school now than I ever did. I enjoy class, I have a job, I enjoy social interaction, I enjoy life now. Every day in my life now is an inspiration, I am always motivated to pursue life to the fullest, I don't want to just settle for the next feel good. I'm not saying weed is the only/main reason behind it, but it certainly has done more good than bad.

So if we're looking at terms such as addiction, health problems, an lifestyle, a goddamn videogame has more narcotic symptoms that weed.
    Until a couple important friends in my life literally pulled me out of my room, I had what I considered no life. No future. Now I have a bigger future than I ever planned on having, and that good ol' herb isn't leaving my side anytime soon.

"TL;DR" In my opinion, videogames are more dangerous to your health than weed. People are more dangerous than weed. Asymmetric information produced by the government and media is more dangerous. The next person who tells me weed is bad will suffer the biggest earful of facts I've memorized and experienced, as well as my entire length of opinion on the matter. Falsified, asymmetric information on weed is my enemy, and I will go great lengths to destroy every strand of bullshit propaganda until America, and the world, realizes that this plant was put on the world the same time we were, and neither of us are going away anytime soon.

If you survived this long into the post tell me your thoughts about anything, even if it's about how long this post is : P Yeah man.

2. I'm addicted to both :D:smoking:

3. You know you want to level up a fury warrior. Don't deny it.

Edit: 800th post.

4. So you're saying weed is safer than WoW? Damn...

5. You can play wow in moderation also... I play maybe 5-6 hours a week and have the best pvp gear and steam roll people in battle grounds.

All about moderation my friend.

6. You're basically like prohibtionists in your arguement...

I smoked weed all day and all night, cause I just loved it. I didn't bother talking to my friends, ended it with my girl of two years... Like, smoked about 4 doobies a day, steamed through about £40 a day to get the best stuff...

Then...

I found JESUS. JESUS HELPED ME BE A BETTER PERSON. I LISTEN TO MY FAMILY NOW AND I DON'T SMOKE THAT DIRTY WEED.

It's your fault you got hooked. I don't play WoW, but it looks fucking awesome.

7. That's about all it does nowadays :rolleyes:

That game went downhill ever since WotLK came out, and the Cata expansion didn't help (just reintroduced the exact same grind as WotLK, but with BIGGER NUMBERS!!!)

8. I so wish I could understand what you said. WoW players used to be considered nerds, but I respect them for playing the game they love, even though society wants to call em geeks and nerds :)

Which is why I love my sig and the person who first posted it.

9. wait, weed is a lifestyle?

are you serious? i had always thought it was just something to do to make the awesome times even more awesome.

please, don't turn into "that guy" that talks about nothing but weed. i love the herb but there is a lot more to life than just weed.

10. Lifes crazy man. Just dont get lost dude, set some goals and take steps to acheive them.