Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How are they looking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DEEWNRUBI, Jan 21, 2014.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390273838.659609.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390273969.191246.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I think they look great! But I'm on my first grow so I'm no expert on growing

3. Trailer park boys^^

4. They look great but it seems like they are stretching a bit. Maybe try moving the light closer to the plants Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. NiicceeSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390483440.272281.jpg They are turning yellow on each plant. Why is that?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. The cotyledons naturally turn yellow around this time, as they are used to supply the plant with nutrients in its initial stages of growth, once the plant has a few true sets of leaves it's able to make its own nutrients rather effectively and these drop off. 

However, this is not what you should be concerned about in this circumstance.

Typically, it is not a good growing practice to grow two plants in the same medium because their root systems become intertwined and they fight each other for nutrients, usually ending up resulting in two stunted plants rather than one productive one.  Based on their size and the size of the container, I would estimate that trying to separate them now would damage both plants significantly.  I would suggest at this point, in order to avoid further complications with your plants, to kill the smallest one in that container so the other one can thrive, and then transplant a few days after into a much larger container because that cup is too small for just one plant of that size.  If you don't wish to kill the smallest one, I suggest starting some seeds in their own individual cups (one seed per cup) and letting the current grow run its course.

Also, what kind of soil are you using?  It doesn't look like a very airy mix. 

8. Alright, theres good soil in most of it the top layer is just dirt from outside i filled up to give more support the stem. Whats the best way to kill the smaller one or if possible just move it to a different pot.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. ^^

Biggest issue is having 2 in the same container. They cannot thrive like that and is most likely going to cause lots of headaches the further in you go that way.

I'd honestly say either try gently removing one and replanting it or start over completely and get the light closer so they don't start stretching as much.

10. Alright is it bad if they stretch? Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. they are stretching for the light.. bring the light closer to the plants and they will not stretch(it is not a good thing). 2 plants in one pot is not a good thing either because they will both be root bound and have tons of problems. they are probably having trouble taking in nutrients and that could be causing the yellowing to occur. i agree with hypoxic they need to be separated or start all over with the light closer

12. just by looking at the pictures the plant is not really yellowing but the first cotyledon leaves are dying off which is totally normal

13. [quote name="DEEWNRUBI" post="19392063" timestamp="1390493618"]Alright is it bad if they stretch? Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Yes and no... Going to made your weed bad? No But if your going to have a tall plant you don't want it tall because it stretched, you want it tall because it's mature and in a 5 gallon bucket.Advice: put those plants in 2 different containers RIGHT NOW the roots are most Likly already growing together. Be very carefull not to hurt the roots in the process.

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390494490.076613.jpg I put them in their own soil. The smaller one seems to be hanging, will it survive, along with the bigger one?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. [quote name="DEEWNRUBI" post="19392140" timestamp="1390494638"][​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390494490.076613.jpgI put them in their own soil. The smaller one seems to be hanging, will it survive, along with the bigger one?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Did you have any trouble with the roots? If not they should survive... Unless you pulled the dirt off the roots before you replanted

16. The smaller one when i was pulling it out it cane out just as a straight stem( know what i mean?) but the bigger one didn't move at all. The smaller one is now saggy like.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. At the minimum you saved one plant or gave it a fighting chance and if they both live that's gravy in my book. Give them a couple days and move the light close and see how they respond. The one looks healthy but stretched which if you correct the light distance issue should slow down. Good luck.

18. Thank you guy. My next grow should be better now that i have collected information from all of you.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390568486.740766.jpg The smaller plant i think is healing, it has become more erect, but some leafs seem to be dead or close to it.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Those bottom round leaves yellow and die off naturally. They are cotyledons and basically provide nutrients and photosynthesis while the seedling is forming true leaves. They are like training wheels for the plant and once they no longer need them they yellow and die off. The other leaves in that pic look fine to me.