How are these buds looking??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CFLdorm, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Hey, they're at week 6.5 since sex and I don't think it looks like smokable herb at this point, so I'm just curious.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Send some this way!

3. Beautiful.

4. thanks for the positivity! when should i begin the harvesting process?

5. Well if you got a powerful magnifying glass look at the trichs the more clear for a cerebral high, amber for more couchlock type high; of course this is somewhat strain dependent. What you got going bagseed, are those the only lights you used?

6. Incorrect, cloudy = cerebral high

I'd recommend that if you want the head high then start to flush when the trichomes are all cloudy this will give you a 20-30% amber when its time to harvest, if you want more of a couchlock high wait for the trichomes are 40-50% amber to flush. You should flush your plants for 10 days - 2 weeks.

7. looks quite nice aye strange dark green colour to the leaves, personally havnt seen anything like it...not that dark anyway

8. How powerful of a magnifying glass? I don't have that much cashola at the moment. 2 of them are bagseed while 1 is a humbolt california big bud I believe. I have 3x 20w floro and a 150w hps. It's probably a little less light than I should have but it's the first grow ever so we'll see what happens. I just want a lot of weed, lol.

Does the bud look like its ready for flushing at all? To me it looks so far from what I'd expect it to look like, but then again I have no idea!

Thanks everyone!

9. Oh and yeah, that one is extremely dark green. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I've heard that dark green is a very good thing. It's also super condensed. These plants are going to be interesting, mainly because when I started I had no idea what I was doing, and now I've learned so much. The 2nd grow is going to be fucking amazing.

10. Looks fantastic to me.

11. but are they ready for harvest?

12. Can't tell. Do what was suggested earlier, scope out the trichromes.

13. I don't know, but you can get a 60-100x(you might be able to go weaker not sure) for $10 at radio shack.What type of high do you get if they're clear, not cloudy?

14. ok this is going to sound stupid, but the trichs are the crystals, right? and I should look at the crystals on the bud or the leaves?
    thanks!

15. buds i believe

16. You don't need a "powerful" microscope, in fact you need a rather weak one that magnifies in the range of 25x-75x. That pocket microscope at Radio Shack for $10 is the easiest way to go. Or a jeweler's loupe should work.

Yes, the trichs are the "crystals."

I look on the bud not the big fan leaves. The bud is made up of little leaves, those are OK. To check, snip a tiny piece (like half a grain of rice or smaller) and take it to normal light, put it on a plain white piece of paper, then look.

17. Great looking buds..
    From looking at the pic looks like you're ruffly 2 weeks from harvest..
    but like vincent said.. "what kinda buzz are u looking for"
    You could harvest today.. or in 2 weeks....
    If you havn't flushed, thats next :)
    G'luck