Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How are strains made?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stratez, Mar 18, 2012.

1. technically all dogs fall under "Canis lupus familiaris". each breed doesnt have a specific latin name. so are dog breeds not distinct? just as you claim weed strain names are irrelevant?

2. I refuse to accept any dog breed names unless they are scientific Latin name. That is utter nonsense. My aunt tried to tell me her dog was a German Shepherd. When the hell did a shepherding populous exist in Germany? It just sounds made up.

3. from wikipedia:

The breed was named Deutscher Schäferhund by Von Stephanitz, literally translating to "German Shepherd Dog". The breed was so named due to its original purpose of assisting shepherds in herding and protecting sheep. At the time, all other herding dogs in Germany were referred to by this name; they thus became known as Altdeutsche Schäferhunde or Old German Shepherd Dogs. Shepherds were first exported to Britain in 1908, and the UK Kennel Club began to recognise the breed in 1919.

4. lol. I was just trying to agree with you by showing how silly the notion of "scientific latin names" for breeds is. Considering I have no idea how to even make a latin word into a scientific latin word. Confusing concept is confusing.

5. hahaha. i figured you were