How are my plants doing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Creed Bratton, Jun 29, 2017.

1. So this is my second grow, and I know the plants could be doing better, but I just don't know what's going wrong. As far as I know, I've been doing everything as close to right as possible, so... here are all of my specs, and some photos of the plants' progression

Strains:
    White Widow (ILGM)
    Original Amnesia (Dinafem)
    Cheese (Dinafem)
    Shiva Skunk (Sensi)

Containers: 16 oz solo cups
    Soil: Kellogg organic potting soil amended with 1/3 the volume of perlite
    Nutrients: Fox Farms liquid trio (1/4 strength Grow Big and Big Bloom for now)
    Enclosure: 4x4 Apollo tent with a 440 cfm 6" inline fan for ehaust
    Lights: 400W MH (400W HPS for flower) 18/6
    Temps/humidity: Average high is low 80s, average low is low 70 to mid 60s, RH varies between 30%-50%, I spray them a couple of times a day still when the humidity is low.
    Watering/feeding schedule: every 3 days or so. Until the top inch or 2 is barely damp to the touch, alternating nutrients and water.

I think I started giving them nutrients too late, so they're a little small and their lower leaves are raggedy, but the new growth has become a darker, healthier shade of green after giving them nutes for the first time earlier this week, but the lower leaves continue to pale. Is this because now that the plants have nutes, they know it's better to focus energy on producing new, bigger leaves and abandoning the old leaves instead of nursing the old leaves back to health?

I'm not tooo worried about them, it's just that I don't want to spend 3 months in veg.

First pic, about 2 weeks old (approximately, I don't know their exact germination date)

3 weeks old

4 weeks old

So what's the damage, and when do you think their growth rate will pick up?

2. No northern lights? :smoke:

Not sure if the plants are doing good or not sorry just felt the need to throw this in the thread

• Like Like x 1
  3. I looked for a gif of that when he posted it lol! Closest I could find was this... (Sorry Creed ;) )
    tumblr_oi0jdcDyzw1rs0w1ho1_250.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. HAHAHAHA YESSSSSSS! By far one of my most favorite scenes from the Office lol. But let's hope there's someone who knows what's going on haha.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just looked at the pics. Thats way too early to give nutes. I also wouldn't spray them under the HPS. If you do, do it soon as light goes out, or dim it or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I gave them quarter strength nutes because the leaves started turning yellow on the bottom of the plant, and I guess I could hold off on the spraying. If you think it's too early for nutes, when do you think they should be fed?

7. And if you think they shouldn't have nutes yet, why is the lower growth dying off?

8. They look over watered