How are my plants doing?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SkunkWoodz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. These plants are 12 days old since we planted them about 14 since germ. My setup is 5 CFL's on all 3 plants about 2-5 inches from them. All the plants have their own 8 inch pot with Miracle grow organic soil, with nutes. I know I should have got organic but I didn't know at the time. They seem to be growing at a good rate but the leaves on my two bigger plants, which the seeds came from the same bag, are now curling. The edges of the biggest leaves are curling in. I have been watering about every 3 days with about 2 quarts of distilled water per pot. Here are the pics.

Plant 1
    [​IMG]

Plant 2 (different bagseed)
    [​IMG]

Plant 3, two pic's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a pic of my setup.
    [​IMG]

2. I would get them out of that soil before they get burned, and next time fill the pot all the way up.
    Is that fan moving them? Very important.
    Make sure your doing PH tests also.

Most of all, get new soil!

3. I was worried about that. Can I flush the soil out and leave them in there this early?

4. Did you read about Miracle grow soil, the longer the plants remain in it the more problems, quit being cheap/lazy and get them out of it.

5. your plants look good, ahhh, the curse of miracle grow. i don't think the soil will cause you any problems right now. when you transplant just go to something else. the ferts in pre-ferted soils is time released so they won't burn unless you over-fert them. i've seen people on other sites use miracle grow with no problems. it's just a product made for houseplants, not crops. i would not use miracle grow ferts at all. i'd rather not grow at all if i had to use mg. i'd just wait until i could buy something better. anyway, your plants look good. spend a little more and grow better.

6. Not being cheap or lazy. And no haven't heard that longer I keep them in the mg the more problems. I guess if transplanting them into organic soil is the ONLY way to go, then I'll get off my lazy ass and go buy some new soil.

7. Yes the fan is moving the plants, ever so slightly