how are my girls doing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Pety4s, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Hi everyone,
    So here are my girls. Lilly, the only tall one (so far) was planted in mid March from a bagseed. She has been outdoors, loving the florida sun and humidity (as are the others which are only 40 days old) from the very beginning of her life. Please disregard the white flowers you see in the pics. Those are only plastic and are stuck in at the edge of the pot so anyone possibly looking over the tall fence cannot see what is behind...so far it's working:)
    I am a first time grower and think all my girls are doing pretty well and look strong and healthy. I read as much as I can about what to do and when to do it etc. but am confused about one thing: I have read several times that it will take approx. 2 months and then one should be able to see some flowering to start. Well, I dont and Lilly is 4 months old. Is there something I should have done or does nature just take its course at its own pace. Anyone able to help with this?
    thanks and enjoy the weekend:smoke:

Attached Files:

2. lucky has a pool lol
    they look good so far man keep it up.
    i heard its good to keep plants by a pool or large water source for a extra filtration and breeze.
    the coastline is best

3. Thanks for the kind words.
    Do you know when I should expect them to start flowering? I am a first timer :confused:
    She is 3 1/2 months old now and about 2.5 ft tall ( 4ft if I count the roots ). Txs!

4. The plants will start flowering when they get around 12 hours of light per day, they may be ready to harvest in September.

5. If you want to start it flowering, move it to a place with more shade and less direct sunlight and it should start it flowering I think. I'm on my first grow, so take it with a grain of salt.:eek:

6. Thank you all for your help. So if I understand this right, she will need no less then 12 hours of light but only little direct sunlight, correct?:confused:

7. WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGG. 12/12 does not apply to outdoor growing

8. Looks like they need some water

9. Flowering occurs in beg August when there's about 15-16 hours day and 8-9 hours night. RIght now, there's about 16/8. 12/12 outside is in Feb-March but the plants don't flower then right?

10. what does apply for outdoor growing? and, when you say "light" is that direct sunlight or open shade? In other words, if I want her to start flowering do I keep her in the sun or move her to the shade.
    thanks!

11. move her to shade, I can't see it not helping? But with outdoor grows you never see 12/12. The plants are smart enough to know when the days are getting shorter, temperature changes etc and it's time to bud. Patience is a virtue, especially for outdoor growing.

btw nice looking plants

12. 12/12 does and does not,.
    in cali we get about 16.5 hours light in the summer. so when the summer ends and hours cut back. plants start flowerin.
    its not exactly 12 hours of light but its about there.

13. i put mine inside 4 hours before sun goes down. and i leave my air conditioner on for a little then put a fan alone.
    it makes the plant think summers over and they bud so fast its amazing.

14. Not sure with the Florida climate, but i would say about a month or so. (at least for me, im a couple states north of you).

not exactly.........you can force a plant to flower by moving her in light for ~12 hours and then bringing her in at night for 12 and so on. More shade and less direct sunlight will just mean less energy/growth. They would also flower at the same time they would now.

Moving them in and out isnt recommended..for example you forget a night or have to go somewhere for an extended period...it will mess up their light schedule and would possibly reveg (convert from flowering back to vegging)

12-12 doesnt apply to outdoors...there are many other factors....just let em do their thing and you will be rewarded soon enough. No need to tamper with mother nature's schedule!

Your plants look nice and healthy :hello:

15. Thank you very much everyone! This has been very helpful!:hello: