How are my baby's looking?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by â’¸anadianBuds, Nov 18, 2012.

1. #1 â’¸anadianBuds, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
    So I planted these seeds about 5 day's ago, The first sprouted 4 day's ago I believe, and the other 2 sprouted 2 day's ago. And here's how they're doing. One seems to be growing a lot faster than the others, but I have no problem with that. Are they looking about average size? Any tips etc. for a new grower?

Attached Files:

2. Looking good! What's your setup?

What type of lights? How many watts?

What type of soil?

3. #3 â’¸anadianBuds, Nov 18, 2012
    Here's my setup, and soil (see pics). It consists of 3 x 13w CFL's, 2 x 24w CFL's, and 1 24w T5. Will this be enough light to grow about 3 up until preflower's appear so I can determine sex? (They are bagseed) at which point I will only continue to grow 1 (thinking of LST or SCROG, what do you guy's think?) and probably sell the other 2 to friends. I''m thinking of buying another 3 24w CFL's to replace the 13's or should I get 3 42's? Right now there is just white paper on the walls and a plastic bin lid. This is just temporary until I can get time to paint the inside.

Attached Files:

4. [quote name='"CanadianBuds"']Here's my setup. It consists of 3 x 13w CFL's, 2 x 24w CFL's, and 1 24w T5. Will this be enough light to grow about 3 up until preflower's appear so I can determine sex? (They are bagseed) at which point I will only continue to grow 1 (thinking of LST or SCROG, what do you guy's think?) and probably sell the other 2 to friends. I''m thinking of buying another 3 24w CFL's to replace the 13's or should I get 3 42's? Here's the soil I am using.[/quote]

Unless you and your friends are legal you cannot talk about selling.

Get 4 2700K 42w bulbs and use them with the 24w bulbs to flower with. That's enough light for now though

That soil is no good, it has time release ferts which cannabis does not like. You cannot properly flush the soil. Get Foxfarm or Roots Organic soils

5. #5 â’¸anadianBuds, Nov 18, 2012
    I'll "give" them away then haha.

Should I get something like this (see pic.), or keep the reflectors? (Only have 5 of them)

And yeah I'll go pick up some foxfarm when I need to transplant. At what size/age should I transplant? I'm going to be putting them in 3 gallon containers I think. I also have a bag of perlite. I heard it's possible to grow in 100% perlite, is this true?

Attached Files:

6. I'd use either coco or peat moss with the perlite. Transplant at 2 weeks into preferrably 5gal pots

7. Alright i'll pick up some peat moss and get a 5 gallon. When do preflowers appear? I don't really want to have to use the soil and money on pots if I don't need them. Remember I only plan on growing 1-2 of these, it would be best to only have to transplant the 1 maybe 2 plants into 5 gallons once I know they are female. Also would you suggest a SCROG, or should I just stick with some LST?

8. [quote name='"CanadianBuds"']Alright i'll pick up some peat moss and get a 5 gallon. When do preflowers appear? I don't really want to have to use the soil and money on pots if I don't need them. Remember I only plan on growing 1-2 of these, it would be best to only have to transplant the 1 maybe 2 plants into 5 gallons once I know they are female. Also would you suggest a SCROG, or should I just stick with some LST?[/quote]

I would stick with LST for your first grow. I'd veg for a month or so and flip to 12/12, you should see the preflowers around this time.

Once you get there just be sure to post pictures to see if anyone can spot male or female parts.

9. Okay. I'm probably only going to have room for one 5 gallon pot in there, so look's like it'll be down to luck if I get a female.