How are extraction chemists typically paid

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by MoonshineCat, Feb 28, 2020.

1. How are extraction chemists / techs typically paid? I’m thinking cash, because banks won’t work with cannabis companies?

also, for anyone working full time in the industry, how do you handle getting medical insurance?

Thanks!

2. Cash, and if you don’t make enough apply for state insurance, if you make more then enough, buy insurance online. And pay said amount.

As far as getting paid, I’ve done contracts like 50 % of the profit margin on extracts as they sell.

Hourly rate, and salary. And each one is different based on your market. And who you work for. So be careful not to get f***ed over, get a contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Awesome thanks!

4. I’m a lab consultant and have worked in the traditional and non traditional market. I’m assuming you’re going for a non tradition job. Meaning legal job. You may get cash or you may get a check written from an investment firm. Either way you shouldn’t be getting taxed nor will you be filling in a 1099. Tell the bank tellers you’re a scientist doing botanical molecular separation. Medical insurance is provided by companies that aren’t mainstream. You should take the responsibility to locate a good provider if you have dependents. They typically don’t offer great insurance due to the legality of our work.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum