How and when to prune

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Danthe man, Aug 30, 2019.

1. When should I prune a flowering plant? Should I snip flush with the stalk? Any Input would help.

2. pics would CERTAINLY help...........how old is it....outside or inside grow?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I will take some pictures when I get home from work

4. Dont prune those they just came to life hahaha, i like to take an "artistic" perspective to defoliation...consider air flow and light density to the bottom canopy...avoid exssesive overlapping foliage to increase air flow and reduce mold then any further defolliation should encourage light density to lower canopy so litterally just move a leaf in full sun and see what it shines on...

Sent from my LM-X210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Both plants was stunned bad they are both 5 months old the big one has been flowering for 5/6 weeks

6. At this point pruning wont give you the benefits you desire IMO

7. If you was me,what would you do?

8. In the words of elsa "Let it snow!"...whoops i mean let it grow haha you have full light to the whole canopy and such little reserve energy (fan leaves) id just leave it be and hope it finishes with no issues (ph or otherwise) how did you end up with such bad stunting issues? Maybe next year dig a hole in the dirt my girls have gone 5 months in ground no issues no attention (just dumb luck) and yours barley make a branch for me (no offense just facts) id reconsider your grow tactics for next year they look beautiful now but i almost dont believe those are as old as they are (i do but man) anyways let me know were you went wrong and maybe we can help you do better next year...5 month plant picture for reference received_1529608267191150.jpeg

9. Either 4 or 5 month, I poured miracle grow and it got on the leaves when they was very small and they almost died and I used dollar tree soil. I been reading alot and now I know that miracle grow is a no go lol best believe next year I'll have fox soil and a 7 gallon pot. Oh yeah and the big one seed came from a sac of mids and the little came from some dank lol

10. Thats a big big no no haha...theres some miracle growers out there but ya you reap what you sow unfortunately cannabis is an organic loving hippy plant haha, promix bale costs $18 and gives your girl enough for almost an entire year! As for FF never tried the soil (heard amazing things) but the basic line up of nutes is phenomenal and i barely use any of it ever...So ypu definently know were you went wrong haha...i noticed you could use bigger pots (too late now never transplant in flower) so if you buy a bale next year (again $18) you can use 4 25 gallon containers and really get some significant results! I definently understand the plight of being broke AF and it seems appealing to save a buck but in the end if you go to a local nursery or even walmart you can find much better materials and only spend a fraction more! Its all a learning experience and i hope this year doesnt discourage you! You have the passion and that in itself will push you to exceed your own limits in cultivation! I wish you great luck and a good harvest this year and if you need help dont hesitate to ask, good group of people out here!

11. I did trim it a little bit but not much,its been getting down to the 50s at night and high 70s low 80s during the day. I was thinking I might have to bring the little one inside to finish. Was thinking about getting a LED,one for plants is like 12$ at home depot. What you think?

12. That more then likely wont have the lumens to finish a plant but tbh im not an indoor guy so as far as light requirments and equiptment refferals i have little to offer! Im sure it would keep a plant alive but thats even hard to say, seems like the cheaper solutions are T5 flouresent fixtures and aquarium/terrarium style sunglo bulbs but again being low lumen output i dont see anything in the 12$ range being a viable finishing solution...bed sheets arrcheap and will protect your girls...this is bad advice but my girls specifically handle -2 celcius in late season with no issue uncovered...theyre pretty hardy plantsand if ypu cover on frost nights and dont let direct sun defrost them they shpuld be fine for awhile, what latitude are you on?

13. Mountains of north ga USA my altitude is 1600ft , they make a led for plants I have to do more reading to find out more you have been more then help ful

• Like Like x 1
  14. Would seem you have a rather long growing season and at this point i dont know if weather speciffically frost will be an issue before you crop out! Ive used "for plant" lights before with varying results usually ok to start a seed bud past that the light depth isn't atrong enough to penetrate the top canopy without risking burning from being too close but definebtly do your research and if you find a viable option let me know!