Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How am i getting ash in my mouth - bong

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cheech365, Jan 29, 2014.

1. #41 Vesna, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    Alright, disregard all other answers.  Listen to this one.  My brother had the EXACT same problem when I started letting him hit the bong when he was old enough.  You're hitting it way too hard when you clear it.  Keep it slow and steady throughout the whole hit and your problem will be solved.  You're hitting it too hard.  You're clearing it too hard.  You're breathing in too hard.  Stop doing that and you will have a clean hit.  Just try it before you disregard it and say it doesn't work.  Or get a screen from a headshop or hardware shop(called faucet aerators) and no ash will get into your water or bong at all, therefore you will not have the problem of ash in it.  Either will work.  Problem solved.

This is the reason this is the problem so you can see my logic.  You have a smaller bong so when you clear it hard or even normally sometimes it will splash water into your mouth because the distance between the water and your mouth is pretty short.  When you hit it hard the water will most likely splash a tiny bit into your mouth and if you're sucking the ashes through, then that ash is in the water and being stirred up by you clearing it and subsequently into your pie hole. 

2. Thanks for the advise, sounds like you do know if your brother had the problem, ill try pulling nice and slow as much as i can

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Slow and steady wins the race :) hope it works if not i'm stumped.

Bro... You're using like a 10" bong and snapping your bowl... You're probably ripping it too hard and the ash is from the splashback.

5. no its not splashback ive had it from a 3 foot bong

6. just hit one as slow as i could and didnt get anything in my mouth, fingers crossed aha