Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How am i getting ash in my mouth - bong

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cheech365, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Wow, I can't believe I searched and found someone with the same problem as me... The same exact thing has been happening to me and it is usually proportional to how big of a hit I'm taking or how fast I breathe in. I couldn't figure out what the problem might be as I have a fairly tall bong and any water or resin is far away from my mouth. I thought the water would filter 100 percent of the ash. This never really happened to me before, but I think it's happening because my bong isn't clean enough. How dirty is your bong?

2. my bong os spotless cleaned with alcohol last night Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. i just hit a different bong with different bud, same result, getting really frustrated how can this not be happening to my friendsSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Is your downstem built into the bong or can it be removed, glass on glass? If it can be removed try pulling the downstem with the bowl instead of just pulling the bowl. That should keep anything in the water from bubbling up into your mouth as the air will not be pulled through the water when you clear the bong.

5. removable downstem, glass on glass. thanks for the suggestionSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. sounds like ur smokin technique, i got some ash in my mouth last night becuz i ripped a bong real hard

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app while high as fuck

7. clean it

it's why I don't use bongs because i'll smoke all day long uneless one bowl will get you toast

8. Get an ash catcher

9. Your most Likly breathing in too fast...or there isent enough water in the bong.if ask if hitting water it's not coming back up i promiseSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I believe your piece has accumulated some ash and resin over time inside it to the point where when you feel it with liquid and take a drag the liquid bubbles up and splashes the ash and resin into your mouth and on your lips. The solution is clean your rigg friend.

11. How do you think it could possibly be dry ash going through the water into your mouth?

12. if i knew theres a good chance i wouldnt post a question

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. ^

14. Less water Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. [quote name="eastcoast781" post="19445940" timestamp="1391237990"]Less water Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote] or maybe more Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. ive been using less water lately, it helps a bit

17. Then just throw an ice cube in there it should help block everything Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. alright i will thanks

19. i have had, and have SOLVED this problem. 

use less water, the more water the higher the bubbles when you inhale right?

pull softer if you can, no big tugs, you're pulling the water up into your mouth.

if you're living in a snowy area i also find putting snow in your bong makes it chillier and no water comes up through the snow 

hope this works for you guys as well!!  :smoke:

20. I got ash in my mouth with a nearly 3 foot tall bong...