How am i doing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frugal Rhombus, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Hey guys hows it going? I just had a few questions about growing. It's my first time trying, and I'm growing outdoors and I'm sort of just making it up as i go along, but i was wondering if I could get some pointers. My plants are about 2 months old, so just let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. Not bad guy! I have to say.... For a " make it up as you 'grow' along" plant... 2months? looks mighty healthy and Is already showing sex!! WOW!!

My first grow which was entirely a "make it up as you 'grow' along".... Was not as "pretty"... = )

First time outside eh? Im an inside man myself but hey... to each is own! When do you start the flowering hm?

Heres some other questions I got for you.... 1) What type of soil are you using.... 2) Whats its light/watering/fert schedule look like?

I would say youre doing just fine though..... w.e it is your doing = ) :smoke:

Any bug problems?

3. Thanks a lot. Well the reason I'm not growing inside yet is because i don't have the money to invest in lights right now, but i'm in south florida so i'm sure the sun is working just fine. And to be honest, I just used pelletized, 9 month time release fertilizer so I just used that once. As for watering, I water it either once or twice a day depending on how sunny it is and for the fertilizer I used miracle-gro moisture control soil. And as of right now, no bugs either. :)

4. well about the bugs, are the little blak ants damaging to the plant? Because I'm also growing some different fruits and vegatables, and a few of my fruit plants have a problem with ants. Should I try to get rid of those or are they beneficial?

5. well not sure on the ants...I dont grow outside too often anymore(going to start one this yr though) Your plant looks healthy and happy though. I would be careful using the MG, just dont over do it and you can get good results...not a fan of time release nutes in soil. I would repot it in something else if you can or just keep an eye on it...the time release soils tend to have issues for people.

But as of right now, they look great.

6. Yea, thats what everyone has been telling me about the time release fertalizers. What is MG?

7. Crap you dont want!! cereal though...mircle grow... if you make a fort/circle around ur plants with chalk the ants wont cross it.. ants are bad for outdoor... some will actually carry aphids to diffent plants so they can eat the aphids delicous shit, curtousy of your plant:)

8. if i used pelletized time release fertilizer, is there a way to flush the plant of that or do i just have to wait until however long it lasts for?

9. what kind did you use and what were the 3 numbers on it?

10. It's 18-6-8 so that doesn't sound too strong. I don't know why, but that was printed SO small.

11. sorry man, not the best choice...what brand was it?

12. Dynamite, the foofy home depot shit lol. So I'm pretty much stuck right?

13. Depending on where you are in South Florida, I can direct you to a shop where you can obtain better soil and nutrients, if you like. That's the only help I can offer. PM me if you'd like the location of the shop..

14. And also, tonight the over night low is in the low 50's and tomorrow the high is only 72, should I bring my plant inside or is it big enough to not be phased by those temps? It's a little bigger than a foot tall.

15. Also, I don't know if it matters, but i'm also using a VERY weak water in fert that is a 7-5-6 on top of the time release crap. Its an orchid fert and i kno those are very fragile plants so i figured it wouldn't burn them even though I already have a time release fert in the soil.

16. I wouldnt worry about the 50`s, but i have never grown in florida. where i grew i was 33-38 degrees the day before harvest with a high in the 40`s;) i would lay off the fertilizer for the rest of the grow unless you transplant, but ur almost to far along so i cant reccomend it. My best guess for ur situation is (soon) water the shit out of it one day (10 gallons over the whole day) to try and get some of the fertilizer out! see if you can pick any pellets from the top of the soil. but you really dont need to add anymore fertilizer:)

17. Alright I just went and picked out most of the pellets i could see. 10 gallons of water over 1 day isn't going to harm the plant? And can I still do that if its cloudy out, or should i wait until its sunny so the soil doesn't get mold?

18. niggggggga post more pics of that hollywoooood funk :D
    i wanna see mre pictures of the all over buds, not only the top nug.
    btw check out our grow journal, we supposedly started with the same seeds, bt got very different results. growing a lot more like indicaaaaa:devious:

19. for some reason that plant looks healthy as hell. you're lucky using that junky time release stuff. some get lucky, others get dead plants. whatever you're doing, i'd stick to it lol. the problem with the time release, is as it gets watered, more and more is released and usually ends up burning until death. that's the recommendation for the flush. before you switch to inside, make sure you keep reading the forums for pointers. nice looking plant though, looks great.

20. Yea, i'm a little scared to flush it cause its water soluable nutes.