How am I doing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Vapor253, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Plant is about 6 weeks old, is one week into 12/12, 20" wide, 16" tall, 9 nodes, and now the first sign of pre-flowering.  So, I assume its a female now that I think I see a pistil. (See attached photo). 

Is 16" high at first pre-flower "normal"?   Can I predict how high she'll get?  Unfortunately, I do not know the strain.

Thanks, all

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a pistol to me. At 16" start of flower your looking anywhere from around 32" to 48" finishing.

3. Thanks, Joker.  I've got a GL60 grow tent (63"), so with the LED light hanging down, I think I only have enough space for about 22" more growth in height.  I know it is too late to top off to retard height growth.  Any ideas?

4. If you have height problems in flower best thing to do is LST.

5. If it is just one stalk coming up and it were my plant, I'd super crop it somewhere low then start doing a simple LST to keep it bent over and tied down to the edge of the pot it is in.  The idea would be to make a spiral corkscrew along the rim of the pot.  Once you start getting some budsites forming and lots of calyx shooting out, the plant growth will start to slow down.   You still need a few more inches for any extra bud growth at the top.