How Am I Doing So Far?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tortoise, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Hello, I am new to this forum and to Marijuana growing as well. If I'm posting this in the wrong place apologies and feel free to move it.

I am growing three GDP plants indoors. I currently am feeding them General Hydroponics 3 part according to their schedule on their website. I have liquid koolbloom and florakleen ready for later too. My setup is a box with two big lights with ballasts and a fan which I run 24 hours a day.I think I've been growing these from small clones for about 2 or 3 weeks... I haven't kept a calendar. I've been experimenting with topping and low stress training with twisty ties. I know that I can basically start blooming them whenever I want, but when would you recommend I switch to 12/12? How do I know when they need to be repotted? One plant looks like it got munched on or something, should I be worried about this? How should I try to train them? Which plant looks the best in your opinion (IE; what should I be trying to make the others look more like?) Anything else I should know? Any comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for reading!

Attached Files:

2. Looks like those pots are pretty small. I would change them out before switching to flower. You'll see them grow fast after their initial shock from transplant. As for when to switch :) It depends on the space you have to grow them in. Figure the plant is going to get twice the size and you don't want the plant to reach your light. With that in mind switch them to flower when you have maximized the size of your plant to your growing space. Good luck!

Keep growing till the wheels fall off!!!

3. If you are growing in soil I would recommend using nutrients that are made for soil. What I use is Botanicare pure blend pro bloom soil and I only use it when they start 12/12. Im not an expert but im pretty sure using hydropnic nutrients will ruin the soil and hurt your plants

4. Also you can repot them anytime, I would recommend putting them in the biggest pot you plan on using to decrease stress from repotting a lot. If you do repot them make sure you water them right after and dont start 12\\12 until the roots have had time to readjust to the new pot, usually about a week

I have about 3'6" of height to work with; I was wondering if I could try to curl the plants around themselves so that they grow in a circle instead of out. I will definitely repot before I start them on flowering; do you have any size recommendations?

The guy I bought the box/lights from had grown for years in soil using GH and was very happy with it. I also looked into it on my own and other people on this forum do it as well. Here's the schedule I've been using: http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/feeding_sched/GH-FloraSeries-DTW-Charts.pdf (simple drain to waste; week 3) I will continue following the week 3 until I switch to 12/12

Cool, is the only drawback of using a pot that's much larger than what the plant needs at the moment the increased amount of water/nutes needed to keep the soil moist?

6. Put a tsp of epsom salt in your next feeding, look like they have some mag. deff.

You can use GH in "soil" just fine - people consider promix to be "soil" when it's inert peat moss and hydro. nutes are great in it.

as far as following the schedule keep your ph and ppm's in check if you have the capability. I think they reccomend up to 1200+ ppm feedings on their schedule which will harm your plants.

As far as repotting them they look like they can use a nice new 3 gallon pot before being put into bloom. Are you having to water everyday? a sign of lots of roots in the container..

7. oh alright, I just read somewhere a few days ago that it left a lot of sodium in the soil so I was just making sure you knew. And yeah you could consider that a drawback but it will also have more soil, water, and nutrients to grow with so I believe it makes it grow faster.

I'm glad you pointed that out! I have a free sample of some powder (see attached image) that is 10% Magnesium. Wondering if I could just add a teaspoon or so of that to my water that is mixed with nutes already (~1 gallon). Otherwise I'll go out and get some epsom salt.

For sure. Probably will repot over the weekend.

Attached Files:

9. if you go with the General Organics  GO box it will have everything ya need for at least 3 grows depending on the amount of plants, but with your girls it should be more than enuff, I use the GH nutes in my DWC set-ups but for soil you really want the GO nutes, same company but made for soil...http://www.ebay.com/itm/General-Hydroponics-Organics-GO-BOX-Starter-Nutrient-Kit-Vegan-Plant-Food-/121264021038?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item1c3be61e2e , the bloom nutes and boosters are fantastic for making huge frosty buds.Do you know what wattage lights you are using? depending on how many you are gonna flower I would recommend "at least" 600 watts and deff consider upping the size of your pots, if your plants go rootbound while flowering your buds will not be what ya expect...... I usually do autos in 2-3 gallon pots and photos in at least 5 gallon or DWC.Your girls are looking fine for now but as stated before when ya flower expect at least a doubling in size but expect it to be closer to tripling depending again on strain.Good Luck..........

10. #10 MaliciousMarijuana, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    don't give em that - that is a flushing agent and should only be used in case of fert burn.

A common rule is 1 gallon(+ for the container size) for every one month of growth

some people do 12/12 from seed in 1 gallon containers which take over 2 months at times..

If I was in your shoes I would replant in atleast 3 gallon and get them green and healthy before you go into flower.

Let them adapt to the transplant and get their micro/macro feedings balanced out.

Then switch to 12/12

Probably should have joined this forum and asked what food to get before... Oh well. I have two lumatek ballasts that are set to 175 watts each. That sounds low though.

I followed the instructions on the packet and gave my plants a good soak. Soaking them probably did more good than the powder; they are looking much less yellow. I didn't get a chance to repot yet but I made a new batch of food I just gave them with an additional teaspoon of epsom salt mixed into it. Would you start flowering right away after they are adjusted to the transplant?

12. after transplanting you are gonna need to give them time to recover from the stress of being repotted, as they aren't auto's they will have plenty of time to do this, but normally a week or so should be fine to let them settle into a routine, if they were autos it would deff be more complicated, once they have recovered from their stressing then you can start flowering them if ya like although I usually like to veg 45-60 before starting their budding run to insure a decent yield, once ya start flowering ya have about a 2 week transition period before ya start seeing buddlings  and this is when you are gonna want to hit them with bloom nutes, try to get one of those GO boxes if ya can in that time and start out with a 1/4 strength and build up , hope this helps and good luck <a>\\\\//</a>