How am I doing for my first grow??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Alexbuds, Dec 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. image.jpeg The first plant is 5 weeks into flowering, it's an indoor grow, 5, 42 watt CFL at 2700k lumens, coco coir soil, and I've been giving her the trio flora series nutrients. The second plant is the same except for it's 3 1/2 weeks into flowering, is a outdoor grow, and has had LST done to her.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to City

Plants look nice :)

3. Nice job!

4. Good Job

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #6 Robbie714, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Subbed! Great first GrowBig Colas you have there Bro! How far away are your Cfls from your canopy? You can get them bulbs a little closer 2 to 3 1/2 inches with Cfls because they don't get the best light penetration and the one bulb by it self could be put on a splitter because you get more light off the sides of the bulbs, but your golden because I'm sure light is coming off the reflector you have it in imo. But you seem to be killing it!
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thanks, I keep the top CFL 3 inches away and the side CFL 2 inches away and I'll be sure to get a splitter for the top one

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey

8. That plant looks like it has major revegging issues... Look at all those single finger leaves.

Do you have light leaks?
    Are your lights on a timer?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have a timer but I'm sure there is light leak, and does those single leafs mean that it's revegging ?

10. Single finger leafs most of the time means the plant was flowering and for some reason ( most of the time light leaks or irregular light cycles) cause them to revert to veg.

Yours looks like it revegged but continued to flower.

From my experience i trash revegged planta becuz trimming them is a nightmare and usally they produce much less yeild.

But please do not let that stop you from continuing on your journey.

11. And fix light leaks asap. This also can causes plants to hermie, then you will have nothing to harvest but seeds

12. Thank you I'll fix that problem and hope it comes out decent

13. Updates

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

14. For being a first time grower, you are doing well. ....It is learning process like anything else....

15. Looks like theyre having a hard time figuring out if they are going to flower or veg. Make sure there are no light leaks during the off time. Lower your grow nutes and kick up the flower nutes. Keep the dark time dark

16. How often do you open the grow box when it's dark? You should never do that. To give you an example a grow room that is 95% light proof compared to a grow that is a 100% light proof will see an average of 20% more yield. Light leak = bad. Can cause your plants to go weeks and weeks longer than they should. Run your lights at night when you are sleeping and run your dark period during the day when your at work. I run from 8-8 so I have time to work on them at night after the kids go to sleep and in the morning before I leave for work if there's something I need to do I can do it. Dark period during the middle of the day. Electricity is cheaper at night anyways. Set your timers and stick to it. If it needs to be dark leave it dark. You'll get more and it will be better. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Single leaf doesn't necessarily mean a plant revegged although in this case I will agree completely but single leaflets happen for many reasons that are almost always stress related but not limited to one thing. I just don't want other future growers to see a single leaflet and start telling everyone that the plant must be revegging

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum