How addictive is Cannabis to you?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lipsmoker, Aug 13, 2013.

1. So. I'm a fairly new smoker. The first 2 months. I did nothing but smoke pure bud. and i spend money i didn't have. Or money i needed i should say. Then i calmed down. I believe this is normal for new smokers who take a liking to go slightly crazy. Now i can go fine without it. I hate when people say it's ridiculously addictive because it has no addictive chemicals. Unlike cigarettes. I find usually. I get down as soon as i'm out. Then maybe the next day. Then after that it's just whatever to me. And there is no rush to get more. How addictive is Cannabis to you?

2. To me, and I'm only talking about me, I know most people don't find it addictive. But for me it's extremely addictive. I smoke all day everyday, and if I'm not stoned I'm miserable (more so then I already am).

• Like Like x 5
  3. #4 STilladelph, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
    I can go days without it but id rather not have to

• Like Like x 2
  4. Oh yeah I'm addicted. When I run out I desperately search for crumbs of weed to smoke if I can't get ahold of my dealer. I've ha Togo clean for 6 months and it has been complete hell. I get to smoke in 5 days. I'm so psyched I can't even hold it in.

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas it sucks so hard.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #6 Rebel Eye, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
    I have an addictive personality. I've been addicted to pop since I was a kid, so it was inevitable that I would be hooked on pot as soon as I was introduced and found out how much I liked it. And that's what it all depends on. I love weed and a nice can of coke, so I will never quit that. Alcohol or other substances on the other hand I don't enjoy half as much, so it's easy for me to go without it.  

• Like Like x 1
  6. Enough to wish I always had it but not enough to where I'd curl up in bed sick without it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I get withdrawals if I don't have it for an hour 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've found the cravings really only come when i'm not preoccupied with something, but that doesn't happen if I abstain for a few days. I was smoking everyday since May, and I haven't touched weed in 5 days, even though it's been offered to me, and even in my possession for each of those days. I find the vividness of my dreams, and the fact that I can recall them throughout the day cooler than getting high, plus I feel sharp, I'm way better with women, I get more things done in the day, and I don't have any anxious feelings

9. In the words of McKenna, throughout this life we need to, "Choose our addictions." They are inevitable whether it be caffeine, sugar, or black tar unmentionables, its gonna happen. Although I feel an addict is too strong of a word for one getting into the habit of smoking weed, I would call it more of a liking to something that could or could not effect you mentally. Of course I am sugar coating it, it is what it is. I myself enjoy the Ganj and will probably never be tempted to give it up for good. First one must think, "Do Pros out-weigh the cons?" Through my eyes, they do...greatly.

10. I don't know if I would say addicted. I smoke everydy out of boredom and sometimes to calm my nerves. I can easily go a few days without if I have to.

11. I've never been addicted to pot. But I have been so used to being high for so long that a clear head didn't feel right. .

12. #13 Michael, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
    [​IMG]

:laughing:

13. I say this............

Why go with out the herb, life not stoned you have to admit is boring and borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring, I mean I dont have to be stoned out of my mind 24/7 or anything, just nicely buzzed on a sativa through out the day and an indica at night or sometimes the other way round when I'm feeling a bit frisky, my point being who cares if you use cannabis everyday, dont sweat it, dont feel guilty or ashamed, dont listen to the sheep or the kids that cant handle their weed and blame it on their car breaking down and shit, this aint no pill or powder, this is the high and mighty, super deluxe, happy and high magical all love healing herb we are talking about here, a whole different set of rules apply, its not booze, its not cigs or drugs, its just plain old Mary Jane.

My advice, toke each and every day and never feel guilty, my life has improved since using daily, I will one say one thing though, make sure you get your shit done, find a nice balance between work life and stoner life, thats not saying you cant be stoned whilst working but choose your strains and all that, anyways you can call me an addict if you want but I am proud to be an addict, no regrets just natural herbal remedies for the mind, body and your soul. :smoke:

14. Moderately addictive. 

Compulsive use? Check. Being unable to control how much I use? Check. Making it a priority over literally anything else in life? Check. Withdrawal symptoms when I try to stop? Check.

I'm one of the few who even get pretty pronounced physical withdrawal symptoms from weed alone. I literally cannot eat without throwing up for a few days and get really sweaty and slightly shaky. Of course it's still just minor bullshit compared to the other drugs I've withdrawn from, but it's definitely real. Been clean now for 41 days for the first time in well over 6 years. Feels pretty good to not have to worry about how I'm gonna keep myself nourished if I run out of weed, and to not be constantly thinking how much better each experience could be if I was just....a little bit....higher (which of course was nonsense because every time I did get that little bit higher I was never just enjoying the experience, I was again thinking about how maybe I could get even...a little bit....higher....still....) 

But you can't really blame the weed. You can only blame the addict. And I'm actually not sure how much you can even blame the addict. For me, it seems to just be who I am. I can't control my using once I start, no matter what. Dunno if I was born that way or did some shit that made me end up that way or what, but here we are, no matter how I try to wish it away. After that first hit, I'm off and running and that's all there is to it.  :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Not addicting. Actually can't remember the last time I smoked and out was less then 3 weeks ago. Longest I've been away from it. Wanna roll a blunt though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. to me, pretty addictive...but i have an extremely addictive personality.  i am on probation right now and dont want to go back to jail so it is helping me learn some self control for sure....that being said, my PO just did a surprise house visit (at 8 fuckin 30) to tell me she is changing my appointment from tomorrow morning to thursday morning....

sucks dude, i just bought a g of some DAAAAANK ass bud, havent smoked in 3 weeks....i was so ready to smoke my 1 bag tomorrow, my girlfriend will be at work from 3PM to 2AM man, kids were gonna be at their grandpa's, man i was ready to partay lol....i've been doing nothing but smelling my bag since i've gotten home man all i wanna do is smoke it....but i gotta wait til thursday....fuck thursday on the way HOME from the prob office i am gonna light up that bowl. i am so excited it's really not even funny its kinda sad lol

so all that in mind yeah it is addictive for me, but thats ok because i only smoke 7 days out of the month and i make th ebest out of it...and save a shitload of money lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Im not addicted to either hash or herb and i smoke them regularly BUT if tomorrow i never smoked again id just be bummed id have to sell my glass.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #19 Tree Burner, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
    0, I haven't smoked a few weeks(after 1g+/day) and I have some 10 feet from me. I've also been smoking for 8+ years now if I had to guess.

If your a person that makes stupid choices don't blame the weed. Spending money you don't have, using the last of your money, etc.

19. It's much more mental than physical.

• Like Like x 1