Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How addicting is weed? (assuming you believe/know it's addicting)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by fatblunts9-5-4, Mar 2, 2010.

1. #1 fatblunts9-5-4, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
    Hi, pleased to meet you, hope you guess my <---name, Im addicted to weed.

Abosolutely addicted, Im fuckin hooked as a big mouth bass at the bassmaster classic.

H-o-o-k-e-d

I love weed, I love smoking it, and the only time I've stopped in the past ten years minus a few t-breaks is for probation and thats because I knew if I violated it's automatic jail time.

Almost all my friends smoke and most who can't are tied to legal bindings, it's definitely a bond we've shared for a long time. It is a really big part of my lifestyle.

Basically, I feel like even though I've been through hell and back because of weed, I still love it and even though its landed me in jail before, on probation, and is an extremely expensive habit...

I don't plan on quitting.

WHY? because right now the only problems it has caused are due to legality and price. The only physical side effect for me is smoking while I'm sick prolongs any sickness. Am I alone?

2. Dood....ur like an animal

3. Right On man, if you can afford it and it doesn't show negative side effects in any personal, social or financial affairs then toke on dude.

Also if you don't already you should try vaping or edibles while sick, that way you don't get harsh smoke in your lungs making you cough and in even more pain.

Aight man hope this helped, :smoking:

4. No. Even though nothing in marijuana makes you addicted to it, I still formed an addiction strong enough that I couldn't even stay clean to get into the Navy when I had the best job ever (Nuke, getting paid as an E-3 in basic and auto promotion to E-4 after schooling).

I get so hot headed trying to explain why weed should be legal yet at the back of my mind I know that I'm trying to legalize something I'm addicted to.

5. It's addicting in the same way that I was addicting to playing World of Warcraft when I was younger, but I've never had any real problems with it being addicting.

6. I'm with the OP. Although the one problem I have with being high, is not being high. I feel more on the ball when I'm high, and tend to think I function better when high. Being sober is such a downer :hello:

7. Weed is just as addicting as a favorite food. You know you don't need it, but you WANT the shit out of it. I'm with you brotha'. I don't know what i'd do without weed.

8. That's a psychological addiction, you can form a psychological addiction to anything.

9. Pretty damn addicting. The only reason to take a break is tolerance.

10. Cannabinoids are what causes the addiction (for those who get addicted). Your body produces its own endocannabinoids, naturally. When you smoke a lot of weed, your body loses the need to produce its own endocannabinoids (due to the amount it is getting externally, from cannabis), so it starts to down-regulate them. It is this down-regulation that causes chemical dependence.

When you stop smoking, your body has to re-adjust to having to make its own endocannabinoids again - which causes certain physical symptoms to appear (physical withdrawal).

11. You can develop a physical addiction to anything that releases endorphins (if done in excess). Even things like sun tanning, or eating chocolate (or hot peppers) can cause a very real physical addiction.

Weed IS physically addicting. Most don't get addicted, but some do. And of those who do, the addiction can be as mild as one would typically associate with caffeine, to being as bad as one would typically associate with quitting smoking cigarettes.

12. Hm. Makes sense. Are these cannabinoids what help you fall asleep? Because without herb, I CANNOT sleep.

13. #13 bKush, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
    You said it yourself. It's not addicting. It's habit forming.

14. no. I just vape. Never quiting. Unless God tells me to.

15. Really? Well I just learned something. So I guess being addicted to weed is like having diabetes?

16. Your body's natural endocannabinoids are associated with a very wide range of bodily functions:

Endocannabinoid system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

17. As someone who has been addicted to cigarettes and went through a week of withdrawals when I quit cold turkey I can safely say marijuana is not even close to being addictive. At least for me. I can smoke for 6 months and quit without even blinking. But I suppose every body is different.

18. No, it's not like having diabetes.

When you stop smoking weed, your endocannabinoid system will begin to produce its own endocannabinoids again. When you're diabetic, your body cannot regulate it's insulin (or has stopped producing it all together).

There's a pretty big difference in the two.

19. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now I need to go make sure that all the other shit I tell people is true lol.

+rep for settin me straight

20. Wait, wait wait.... "Unlike neurotransmitters, endogenous cannabinoids are not stored in vesicles after synthesis, but are synthesized on demand."

Seeing as endo cannabinoids are not stored, but produced upon demand, wouldn't smoking have no effect on production? Rather, no effect on addiction/withdrawl?