Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How about those cheap vaporizers on ebay?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by live_die_toke, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Save your money for something such as Da Budda.

2. If you really want that cheap of a vape you could make one. There are a bunch of places that have how to make one out of a light bulb and some other household stuff.

3. if i wanted to make one, i would have made a question asking "How to make a vape"

4. Chill, you did ask for the cheapest vape, and a light bulb would be the cheapest. The guy was just trying to help and I agree with him that a light bulb vape would probably be better than most of those. (The sub $60's at least)

If you want a vape get something high quality.

5. I tried to make a light bulb vape but it didn't work? How long do you have to hold the flame under it?

6. Vaporizers work really well, from what I'm told (haven't tried yet, but I'll have mine in a couple days). You conserve a lot of weed and save your lungs at the same time. It can be as fun as smoking, but it all depends on your preference. Some people like smoking, and others don't. I hear that the high from vaping is a lot cleaner and less "stony" than from smoking, so if you like the stoned feeling of smoking you might not like vaping, but it all depends. Do some research before you buy, though. You don't want to spend money on a vaporizer that you won't enjoy.

If you're really concerned about your health, I wouldn't buy the cheapie ones off of e-bay, though. Most of them are made in China by no-name companies, and most are made with lead paint and other toxins that you probably shouldn't inhale. Sometimes the heating elements are finicky and hard to control, as well. Not to mention, there's no guarantee that it won't break 10 minutes after you turn it on. If it does break, there's no warranty, so you're SOL if you want it fixed. I would agree with the poster above me, who talked about making your own. The cheapest usable vape is probably the lightbulb vape, but there are much better ones out there that will last you a long time.

If you really want to buy them from e-bay, that's perfectly fine, but just know that there are risks involved with using Chinese knockoffs. I would recommend doing A LOT of research beforehand, and looking for a quality vape that you know will last a long time. Unless of course you don't really care. That's fine, too. Just be 100% positive that you're making the right decision on which vape you want before you buy. I've heard too many stories from people who bought a vape without researching and hated the experience. I would recommend starting at fuckcombustion.com, which is a forum dedicated to only vaporizing, so that should help you.

Good luck, man, and happy vaping. :wave:

7. Its Most Likely very poor quality and may even have some health risks attached to it. Just save your money for A Quality Vaporizer (Da Buddah, Vaporbrothers...) you will get a very quality vape and will save alot more money in the long run. I Have A Vaporbros and i love it its a much clearer high and my lungs thank me if you have any questions on a quality vape Google it or PM me or ask the forums. im tired of people wondering if these Chinese knockoffs rival the quality ones.

8. #9 TheGreatSlice, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2010
  9. I bought a cheap one like that one ebay, and its a great starter vape to see if your like vaping full time or not. But keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Dont expect full temepture control, or for it to last very long. With that said, they work decnetly. It inspired me to upgrade to a vape bros.

10. The best cheap vape on the market right now is the Launchbox.

11. Get yourself a Magic Flight Launch box $99. Cheaper vapes from ebay don't last long and this MFLB comes with a lifetime guarentee I hear. Also cheap ones made in China are not safe health wise they have parts that can cause fumes that you breathe in. The Box is totally portable and can fit in your pocket. It's just not worth the trouble getting a Chinese vape when you can get a Box. Read the reviews at the MFLB site and at where they sell them, also at fuckcombustion.com, and at you tube and you will want one too!

Sammy

12. #15 TronPlayer, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
    To anyone who stumbles upon this thread, I recommend that you to NOT buy vapes on eBay. I have dealt with so many companies from China that you can almost be guaranteed health dangers with products like these. Sure, if you want to buy a tool, or something else you are not heating and inhaling from, then buying from China can save you some green. These vapes may actually work great at first but it's really more about something that can make you sick somewhere down the road. I would also stay away from the Da Buddha since it is now made in China as well. Even if the company contracting China to make these products is well-meaning, once it goes into production over there they start substituting quality materials with toxic ones and it can be almost impossible to tell the difference. If you want a vape in the style that has been posted here try a company like VaporBrothers. Their vape is around $170 and they actually care about the health of their customers. It would be healthier to smoke from a joint or bong than any Chinese made vape.